PDA

View Full Version : C20xe wiring....

W-tew automotive
07-10-12, 04:29 PM
Help! :)

C20xe into 1 litre carb nova shell, all wires connected to engine etc, just not sure how to wire it to the car loom etc etc, looked at a few guides online but just can't seem to get my head around it,

Cheers Steve.

Iain
07-10-12, 11:02 PM
+ve to battery or an unused perm live on the car side
Ignition live to an unused ignition live on the car side, or connected to an existing ignition live wire that'll take the load
Fuel pump wire straight to fuel pump

If you find all the needed wires on the car side and run them to a plug to attach to the XE loom then it should be fairly neat.

Stuart
08-10-12, 08:53 AM
If you use the Old coil switched live you will find that it wont start due to the wire being a resistor. Either find a different switched live or run a new wire from the ign barrel

W-tew automotive
09-10-12, 08:43 PM
Still struggling like mad! Taking me way to long, any1 in the leics area fancy earning some money? ;)

John
09-10-12, 08:44 PM
There's a wiring guide in the articles section chap :)

W-tew automotive
09-10-12, 11:11 PM
Not going to lie, I honestly don't understand the guides on here, even the most simple electrics baffle me, think we're getting there now though, hoping to have it running by tomorrow night fingers crossed! :)

Stuart
09-10-12, 11:25 PM
It's following colours..... If you aren't colour blind then I'd be really worried about everything else you've done!

W-tew automotive
09-10-12, 11:38 PM
I'm colour blind with red and green, :/ pretty much got the hang of it now just the major issue at the minute is the fact the loom's been bodged so many times over the years I'm having to gut it and start again bit by bit.