PDA

View Full Version : my old nova

milwain
06-10-12, 08:06 AM
Hello iv had the police contact me about my old white nova g183 pgx they said that it was involved in an accident in lincolshire and ran someone over and killed them does any no anything more about it ???

raf24
06-10-12, 08:13 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?190444-What-a-cu*t
Would that be it by any chance?

John
06-10-12, 08:53 AM
The crash was in 2011, and they've only just contacted you now? (assuming that it is your old car)

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?181859-Nova-crash-October-2011-Rishton-Nr-Blackburn

Jon_nova1
06-10-12, 09:37 AM
why are they contacting you at all?

milwain
06-10-12, 11:23 AM
They wanted to no what modifications were on the car when I owned it , if it was 4 speed or 5 speed and a picture of the enigine because they think it had a 1.6 in

Jon_nova1
06-10-12, 11:33 AM
Looks like he's going to get royaly bummed in court if they're going to those lengths then

milwain
06-10-12, 11:39 AM
All it had when I owned it was fk coilovers , speedlines and a back box wish I never swapped it now best nova I ever had the shell was mint

L33 LEG
06-10-12, 12:27 PM
Saw this in the local paper last week saying that the driver had been convicted. Turns out that it was my mates cousin :(

John
06-10-12, 08:45 PM
Looks like he's going to get royaly bummed in court if they're going to those lengths then

According to the first link, he's already been sentenced, got 3 years.

Andy
06-10-12, 08:52 PM
erm i dont know if you lot did geography at school but blackburn is 100 odd miles from lincolnshire

mowgli
06-10-12, 09:02 PM
lancashire?????

so is his defence that he bought the car with the stuff done to it?????

since when has a 5 speed box been a crime???

tread carefully, the police might be starting on previous owners.. if so thats a worrying trend....

L33 LEG
07-10-12, 12:59 PM
We know Blackburn isnt in Lincolnshire, he obviously got mixed up with lancashire.

I thought that mowgli, very odd of them to ring the previous owner. Surely if he had a standard car insured and they found a different engine in there then there's no need to contact previous owners. Come to think about it im sure my old white nova was his one day as the reg plates had his name on the slogan lol

turbojolt
07-10-12, 02:58 PM
if i was you i wouldn't utter a word to them, until they tell you under what law you have to disclose that kind of information, if/when you do have to talk to them i would have a lawyer with you

mowgli
07-10-12, 03:00 PM
i think the basic rule is that it is up to the current owner to declare any significant mods to swansea, then if it gets sold, it is up to the new owner to ensure the info is correct.

Andy
07-10-12, 05:25 PM
somebodies life has been lost.
I wouldnt have thought it would be the best thing to start playing silly bastads with the police over what the laws are regarding stuff.

turbojolt
07-10-12, 05:44 PM
sounds like a good time to me, potential incriminating your self when someone has died is a very very stupid move

Spudly
07-10-12, 05:47 PM
But if he sent off the logbook informing the dvla of the change of ownership (as the seller is REQUIRED BY LAW to do) when he sold/swapped it, then they shouldnt be coming to him asking him any questions about the car at all, if he did then they wouldnt have his details as anything other than a previous keeper, thats like going to a main dealer and asking what engine was fitted when the car was originally sold, that means bugger all!

Id be more worried about why theyre coming to you about it as id guess that youre still down as the keeper!

mowgli
07-10-12, 06:03 PM
Id be more worried about why theyre coming to you about it as id guess that youre still down as the keeper!

this