PDA

View Full Version : Jabs

Ben (lurk75)
06-08-03, 11:11 PM
Had to go to the doctors today, whilst i was there i asked if i still had time to get my hepatitus jab boosted to a 10 year one. He said yes if its done this month.
(if you have it twice in 12 months it lasts 10 years, if you have it done once it lasts 6 months :? )

So i went to make an appointment and they decided to do it today, i have had a f*cking dead arm ever since.

I swear the nurse done it on purpose :!:

Mark
06-08-03, 11:32 PM
May I suggest Masturbation, it really will feel like someone else! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris LR
06-08-03, 11:39 PM
I always get that when I have injections.

Giving Blood even more so, I bearly had enough control over my arm to change gear in the Landy last time. Nice trainee nurses tho :twisted:

Tilly
07-08-03, 12:02 AM
Wimps

Chris LR
07-08-03, 12:24 AM
Nah, I still Give blood, I don't particularly enjoy it for a day or so afterwards, but it's worth it.

Ben (lurk75)
07-08-03, 12:32 AM
My bloods not good enough for them :o

Am on the Bone marrow register though.

Chris LR
07-08-03, 12:37 AM
I've got the blood that can be given to anyone, so it's really useful in A&E.

Ben (lurk75)
07-08-03, 12:40 AM
They would have mine but its unpure as i have had Tattoo's in the last 12 months :!:

Jules
07-08-03, 09:46 AM
I was in hospital last year with kidney stones (And they fcuking hurt!!!) and at times the pain was getting unbearable, so I told the nurse, she asked if I'd like a Morphine injection (That stuff is the dogs!!!) to relieve the pain? "Yeah OK" I say, she gets the needle and says that it needs to be injected into my thigh muscle and to try and relax it.......BANG....she stabs the needle in trying to catch me off guard whilst it's relaxed, but cos I have quite big thigh muscles it didn't go in enough so she had to do it again, "Try and relax it again" she says!!! How the fcuk and I gonna be able to do that now you've just stabbed me!!!

Anyway, she got it the second time thankfully but my leg was numb for hours that day!!!
:o

Ben (lurk75)
07-08-03, 10:52 AM
lmfao

Jules you should start a thread a day of something thats happened to you.

ade
08-08-03, 12:35 AM
I HATE injections - cant stand the sight of needles or anythinf sharp and pointy!!!

Its all dangerous - like spiders and jellyfish!

Except Jelly fish sting - but thats still little needles!

:x :evil: :x :o :oops: :roll: :x

Dicko
08-08-03, 11:40 AM
i thought jellyfish was just rubbing acid/alkaline onto your skin surface?

i fell onto a 4ft jellyfish in grece as i can off a windsurfer, fckin craped myself, didnt get stung cuz i fell ontop of it and that type only have the stuff below apparently.

Breeny
08-08-03, 11:52 AM
lol... pussies the lot of ya!

Although i do agree with Jelly fish, them an Octopuses give me the creeps... :oops:

Ben (lurk75)
08-08-03, 01:18 PM
lol im not scared of needles or anything like that, am just f*cked off about STILL having a dead arm!

Tilly
08-08-03, 01:19 PM
dont dwell on it. worse things in this world

Dicko
08-08-03, 01:51 PM
hes only bothered cuz all that pron he's downloaded is waisting away :P

Stuart
08-08-03, 02:14 PM
hmm i might have to get a tattoo every year then ;)

not that i dont want to give blood, jsut i dont have that urge to, if that makes any sense

if you get stung by jelly fish, or that fish thats got a spike in its back, you should put urine on it, preferably your own. it stops the pain

wisewood
08-08-03, 02:41 PM
Jules is right about morphine.
when i smashed my wrist to pieces in 1997 they gave me morphine, asked if it hurt - i said yes, they gave me another shot - it still hurt - so they gave me two more and then got the gas tehy give to women in labour and at that point i was away with the fairies somehwere talking to santa claus and god.

Moments later i heard an almighty snapping sound as they relocated both ball joints in my wrist - never felt a thing, in fact, as far as i was concerned my arm was still laid across my chest where last i saw it.

Jules
08-08-03, 07:22 PM
Yeah the stuff is excellent, I was given loads of it when first admitted (Along with the Oxygen mask thing aswell!!) my pupils closed up really really small (So I was told) and everything was looking as if I had the screens from camera phones for eyes - everything just seemed to 'lag' a bit if that makes sense? - Try some next time you're doubled over in pain at your local friendly A&E department!!

Mark
08-08-03, 07:32 PM
It's called Entanox (god knows if I spelt it right) - It also cures mild headaches if you happen to have a bottle handy.

Fester
09-08-03, 02:31 AM
had the morphene when i had pneumonia i can vouch for its potency. my chest was hurting too much when my ribs moved in and out to breathe, with breathing being mildly vital i had some to take away the chest pain lol

a guy from work who had a back op was released and had to give himself the morphene shots every now and again, was strolling round with plastic tubes full of hospital grade morphene in his bag!! i told him to deal with the pain and get it shifted in morecambe for mega money!

?Marty?
09-08-03, 03:09 AM
May I suggest Masturbation, it really will feel like someone else! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always get that when I have injections.

Giving Blood even more so, I bearly had enough control over my arm

oooh, really Chris!?

Paint your fingernails red too.

Stuart
09-08-03, 08:21 AM
at one point we had about ?25K worth of morphene in the house, but it was all needed for its proper use.

Ben (lurk75)
09-08-03, 10:00 AM
I had morphine when i took my finger to hospital in a bag of frozen peas :!:

Mark
09-08-03, 10:34 AM
I hate Morphine - It makes me itch.

Jules
09-08-03, 10:41 PM
^^ Quote from a song ^^
:o

Fester
09-08-03, 11:23 PM
yeah it doesnt make you itch one bit lmao

Mark
10-08-03, 06:12 AM
The lines from Nirvana, but I wasn't quote Kurt, Morphine does make me itch and it makes many people itch, usually they have to take an oral tablet to stop the itching, trust me it's a pain in the arse when your lying in a hospital bed unable to move, the pain in your leg is incredible, catch 22 use the morpine pump and itch or don't and scream the place down. Not much of a contest really.

burgo
12-08-03, 04:59 AM
i dont like jabs since i walked into a door (plz dont laugh) and cut my nose up pretty bad the fuckin doctor decided to put the needlg in one side of my nose and push it round to the other and then as he pulled it out injected the anestetic but it didnt stay in ne way so i had 13 stitches with out any anestetic which as u can imagine hurt like hell i felt like knocking the doctor out only gd thing was i managed to chat up one of the 3 nurses that came into the room to watch as well which is always a bonus still i got nice big scars now and am much more careful around patio doors lol

wisewood
12-08-03, 10:32 AM
burgo for the love of god man...

USE SOME FCUKING PUNCTUATION!!!
ITS GETTING ON MY TITS READING PARAGRAPHS OF WORDS WITH NO PUNCTUATION IN THEM ITS LIKE LISTENING TO MY SISTER TALK COZ MAN WHEN SHE GETS GOING YOU CANT UNDERSTAND A WORD SHE SAYS MATE ITS BLOODY RIDICULOUS ITS NOT THAT HARD TO INSTERT A COMMA OR A FULLSTOP HERE AND THERE AND IT REALLY DOES MAKE IT MUCH MORE PLEASING OT HTE EYE IF YOU USE A COMMA OR FULLSTOP OR EVEN A NEW PARAGRAPH FROM TIME TO TIME SO PLEASE JUST TRY AND DO IT EVEN IF YOU AINT MUCH GOOD AT GETTING THEM IN THE RIGHT PLACES JUST GIVE IT A GO AND EVENTUALLY YOU WILL GET BETTER AT IT

Ben (lurk75)
12-08-03, 10:45 AM
lmfao :lol:

Got to admit i have stopped reading his replies, just skip to the next one. :roll:

wisewood
12-08-03, 10:59 AM
i get the feeling you're not the only one...

i have to read em to make sure there is no "dodgy" content in them though, quick feel sorry for me.

**(see how much easier to read that was than this way)**

i get the feeling you're not the only one i have to read em to make sure there is no dodgy content in them though quick feel sorry for me

Tilly
12-08-03, 01:57 PM
go wisewood never seen ya get angry like that having a stressful day maybe u could of pmd him rather than make him look silly i w3as trying to be subtle about my responses to him lol and the morphine making me itch is from PINKs song also

Tilly
12-08-03, 02:01 PM
as stated by me above these words ALSO came from pink album cause it was pointed out she took it from nirvana. do i give a toss nooooooo

wisewood
12-08-03, 02:28 PM
stressful day, not particularly - and yeah you were being subtle but it just wasnt getting through was it.

Some times things deserve a good ranting.

burgo
12-08-03, 03:17 PM
u wanna kno why i dont use punctuation its cos i dont fuckin how to ok so if ur fed up of me im gone

wisewood
12-08-03, 03:18 PM
if you dont know how to use it, pay attention to how others use it and just have a go at using it - i am sure most people will be supportive of you.

burgo
12-08-03, 03:22 PM
na id rather go where ppl read wot i have to say wots the point in wasting my time on here ill go else where

wisewood
12-08-03, 03:26 PM
fair play, your choice.

but just so you know - its really quite easy - if you would normally pause during a sentance, even if only slightly - use a comma, and at the end of a sentance use a full stop.

Stuart
12-08-03, 05:43 PM
erm no offence, but surely you learn that stuff in primary school??

im not saying im a genious, because i have to think about what a verb,noun etc are, and also takes me a little while to tell the time on a clock with hands lol

but basic gramma is kinda fitted as standard, if you get what i mean.

Tilly
12-08-03, 05:49 PM
all u need to do is put a full stop in every 10-12 words even if it doesnt make sense it gives us chance to take a breath.
dont get upset by it mate sure no harm was meant.

Im sure its just piss people off day today

burgo
12-08-03, 07:48 PM
all threw skool i was only interested in leanign wot i liked as in maths DT and IT all the rest was shite

wisewood
13-08-03, 10:25 AM
funny tilly how you have been making funny jokey sarcastic little comments about his lack of grammar and then as soon as someone says something about it properly to try and help him realise how hard the posts are to read - you get all defensive of him.

:roll:

As has been said by cambridge, most people have basic grammar fitted as standard and what i said before about just making an effort to put a comma or full stop in from time to time still stands - its really not that hard to figure out - if you understand how a computer works you can figure out where a comma goes.

Tilly
13-08-03, 01:20 PM
your aim is to try and put people down this week is it?? shall we pick faults about you, me and other members. As i said i was subtle not blatenty trying to take the piss.

wisewood
13-08-03, 01:26 PM
I have apologised - to you and burgo - and even deleted the other post that we were argueing in so that it would stop, and still you carry it on.

I have tried to stop it.

I shall try again - locked.