PDA

View Full Version : Polly bushes

DAFTJOHN
30-09-12, 05:47 PM
What's the views on best polly bushes for the nova.

Edd
30-09-12, 06:24 PM
Powerflex are the best IMO but not the cheapest

Rally Design do ones that people rate as well

NEVER EVER EVER get FloFlex ones for suspension tho, utter crap

Andy
30-09-12, 06:47 PM
Have you used flo flex before edd??
They need fettling to fit but perform just as well.

mk1nova_rich
30-09-12, 06:50 PM
I've never had any problems at all with Flo-Flex...didnt need to fettle or owt

DAFTJOHN
30-09-12, 06:53 PM
Flo flex are about 20-30 quid cheaper and reading reviews it can be hit or miss for fit but they do seem to resolve quickly and send new parts out.

Mieran
30-09-12, 07:00 PM
Rally design polyrace red bushes >>> everything else

And yes flo flex are crap

Hobbit
30-09-12, 07:04 PM
Got Rally designs reds on mine and can't fault them.

Edd
30-09-12, 07:09 PM
Have you used flo flex before edd??
They need fettling to fit but perform just as well.

Bought a full set for the Sport, only used the rack mounts and rear chassis pads rest went in the bin

Andy
30-09-12, 07:14 PM
did they not fit like?
I bought a full rear set and the beam bushes were a terrible fit,about 15mm too wide.
Cut them down and they were right enough

Stuart
30-09-12, 07:20 PM
Brand spanking new oem stuff would be my weapon of choice these days

Edd
30-09-12, 08:05 PM
did they not fit like?
I bought a full rear set and the beam bushes were a terrible fit,about 15mm too wide.
Cut them down and they were right enough

That's exactly what problem I had

They went in the bin as I was fcuked right off and didn't want to cut them down

The bottom arm ones were as bad, I gave them a ring and ended up hanging up on them as they were as much use as a chocolate fire guard

mowgli
30-09-12, 08:09 PM

i'm with stu.. good new rubber bushes are ace for road use... some of these poly bushes are really harsh, and also really good for track use.

Stuart
30-09-12, 08:18 PM
I'd use new oem on track too.

DAFTJOHN
30-09-12, 10:45 PM

Mmmm interesting, it'll be mostly road use ill do. The car does have gaz coil overs but might try oem bushes....well ill price them first. Cheers

Iain
30-09-12, 10:53 PM
My most recent purchase from FloFlex look pretty nasty (front ARB bushes). Air bubbles everywhere etc. In fact one of them has split after barely any use.

turbojolt
01-10-12, 08:25 AM
Ive bought powerflex, haven't driven on them yet, but you can tell just how much stiffer they are then rubber bushes by hand :O

paul080803
01-10-12, 10:14 AM
Got flo flex ones on mine front and rear, however fitted by previous owner. All look fine, and all fit correctly.

I have got reds on the lower arms though.

John
01-10-12, 01:13 PM
Raldes reds or yellows. Yellows are a softer compound iirc. Another vote for floflex being utter turd. My rear beam bushes didn't even fit!

Alex J
01-10-12, 01:17 PM
id use bog paper!

Benn
01-10-12, 06:17 PM
When looking at Rally Designs website, which are yellows and which are reds? I want uprated polly, but not to hard.

Iain
01-10-12, 07:02 PM
Yellows are the cheaper of the two

Benn
01-10-12, 07:07 PM
Cheers dude.

Lewis.
01-10-12, 07:28 PM
I've got rally design yellows in mine, Cant fault them at all, and cheap as chips!

Stuart: have you ever tried fitting a new oem rubber bush to a Nova/Corsa tie bar mount? they just won't go in due to their shape. we've ended up putting poly bushes in old ladies shopping cars before at work, because they are such a struggle lol

mowgli
01-10-12, 08:08 PM
Ive bought powerflex, haven't driven on them yet, but you can tell just how much stiffer they are then rubber bushes by hand :O

tj, have you tried new rubber bushes?? or 20 year old perished ones???????

also testing them by hand is about as good a test as doing a gcse...... can your hands replicate the forces going thru a 900kg projectile hurtling at a ton & 1g of cornering????

mowgli
01-10-12, 08:11 PM
I've got rally design yellows in mine, Cant fault them at all, and cheap as chips!

Stuart: have you ever tried fitting a new oem rubber bush to a Nova/Corsa tie bar mount? they just won't go in due to their shape. we've ended up putting poly bushes in old ladies shopping cars before at work, because they are such a struggle lol

puff.... tyre lube & a press (failing that, a good vice & a decent sized drift)

you should try pushing in hgv bushes into leaf springs.... we have a kerb layers rubber maul (big fcuk off rubber hammer) & one person holds the drift while the other tw@ts it a goodun.

turbojolt
01-10-12, 08:14 PM
tj, have you tried new rubber bushes?? or 20 year old perished ones???????

also testing them by hand is about as good a test as doing a gcse...... can your hands replicate the forces going thru a 900kg projectile hurtling at a ton & 1g of cornering????

yes i have felt new rubber bushes and yes i could fell the difference, and i hardly said i was testing them just that i could see/feel a big difference, why you fell the need to pull me up on it i dont know.

paul james
01-10-12, 08:21 PM
Guess I must have been lucky with the orange flo flex ones I've fitted, they were a tight fit but I assume they are meant to be.

Benn
01-10-12, 09:33 PM
There was a post on Mig ages ago, showing polly pushes wearing unevenly, but i cant find it. But i wanna tighten the front of mine when powering on.

Edit, found here.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/other-mechanical-electrical/270708-why-not-use-poly-bushes-mk2-astra-wishbone.html

Are Nova ones like that?