PDA

View Full Version : *help* .. Wiring harness issues, loose wire and all bodged up

ash.blue
29-09-12, 10:15 AM
Hiya if anyone could help it would be sooooo appreciated..

I have a 1.0 miami blue nova, it started fine when I had it but problem is its got a VERY shoddy wiring harness (how it came may I add) .. Every wire has been sliced and put back together with lil white connecters and yes even the live red has been cut, sectioned into 3 and done with a white connectors.

I planned on sortin these out with either the blue correct connectors or male to female spade terminal and run harness behind fire wall. However a wire came loose and im getting no spark in the cap, or any power at the coil for that fact. I tested wire and its carrying 12v so obviously its an ignition wire, but its not black its a golden clear(ish) colour :s .. I found it behind glovebox attatched to a black wire tho.

But also before I lost all power to coil I lost use of hazards nd indicators that cud be fuse or relay but I have 5 of them :s .. 2 extra ones plugged into others.

I should add I have 2 switches nd a push button (came like that) cuz lad I gt car from only had one key the pillock snapped it in door lock :(

But any help on the 12v wire very appreciated ..
Thanks in advance, ash

mowgli
29-09-12, 11:50 AM
please post pics...

the clear(ish) wire is the one that feeds the coil from the ign switch.

ash.blue
29-09-12, 12:16 PM
Pic posting, how ? its askin for a url but im only on my mobile .. I must sound like a complete tool at the mo

Ahhh, so ive to got get that wire to somehow reach the coil ?