PDA

View Full Version : Vectra 2.2 150 sri problems

stewart_2004
24-09-12, 09:09 PM
Hi I know its non nova related but a mate of mine has a vectra 2.2 150 sri and when it is reved over 1k a massive cloud of blue smoke appears and when under normal driving it still smokes. It was serviced recently and after a month the oil warning light came on it was topped up to max 2 days ago and today the dipstic is dry.

Another thing that it does it cutsout at junctions when my mate sets off the car hesitstes then stops.Tday it stalled at a junction and the clock reset it self power steering stopped working, wipers wouldnt park properly, the speedo went strange aswell. It was like the battery was disconnected then put back on I know this is not related to the oil burning two diffrent problems at the same time. is there any known problems with this engine ? I have read somewhwere that the head becomes porus and sweats oil if anyone can give me some more info that would be great.

pottersrebel
24-09-12, 10:34 PM
dont know about the oil loss but the dodgy electrics sound similar to a problem a mate off mine had. he has a 1.7d mk 4/5 astra estate and while driving it lost all its power steering and similar to urs it ad dodgy electrics, turned out to be a faulty alternator?? ran fine ever since

stewart_2004
24-09-12, 10:59 PM
Cheers for the info will check the alternator see if its charging the battery ok ? will keep you updated.