PDA

View Full Version : just wondering if n e 1s done little bits 2 there 1.2?

eastbourne corsa bloke
06-08-03, 11:22 AM
lo peeps, just as above really me birds just got a well sweet 1,2 fsh and like 58k its prettys noppy 4 a 1,2 but just lookin a tad more kikc b4 we put anoher enigne in later on, just wondering iof n e 1 done n fin, and would like an sr cam or car or sumin 4 or n e fing? cheers ppl

ade
06-08-03, 11:49 AM
if its power from the 1.2 youre looking for specifically - take a look in the articles section - theres a HUGE thread from CP on getting more from 1.2 and 1.4 engines

It all depends on yer budget, time and know how.

It will probably be cheaper in the ong run to upgrade the engine immediately IMO, as you'll prob end up taking the engine out (or most of it) to complete the required mods.

Low budget mods uinclude K n N air filter, exhausts but in a 1.2 unless youre prepared to spend some, there isnt much to be gained (noticeable anyway). You could try lightening it (strip it out) or use a different fuel - lol there s post somewhere with someone mixing optimax and octane boost - just needs a tune up and a ron plug!

Ade

eastbourne corsa bloke
06-08-03, 12:06 PM
cool thanx 4 that mat i`ll look there, just want a little more poke, shes just past her test so insurence is gay so probly next year or sumin i`l put an sr or sumin in, most of it just wnat some looks :) thanx 4 ur reply again mate

Aragorn
06-08-03, 04:59 PM
most mods that would give decent increase would require u to inform the insurance and so my affect the policy

to summarise MC's post:

SR/GTE ehxuast manifold and system
1300 SR inlet manifold and 2e3 carb
1400SR/GTE camshaft

that little lot hsould be good for 10bhp over standard giving it near SR power and should be easily obtainable from a decent scrapyard

wrigleys
07-08-03, 11:16 AM
*COUGH* 2.0litre! :lol:

elsey197
07-08-03, 11:14 PM
*COUGH* 2.0litre!

COUGH READ THE POSTS :!:

shes just past her test