PDA

View Full Version : Petrol stations are campaigning for a ban on drivers washing their own cars

pie
22-09-12, 09:07 AM
:wtf:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9550745/Plea-to-ban-motorists-washing-their-cars-in-the-street.html

Paul
22-09-12, 09:13 AM
The police can come and arrest me several times a month then.

Plug
22-09-12, 09:18 AM
/\ they already do dont they :-)

Wtf is this world coming too,

How long until a riot in this country then lol

mk1nova_rich
22-09-12, 09:20 AM
Lets all campaign for a ban on the extortionate prices petrol stations charge then...:wtf:

Hobbit
22-09-12, 09:21 AM
Oh my heart bleeds for the poor struggling petrol stations... :wtf:

paul james
22-09-12, 10:11 AM
They might not like these hand wash car places run by foriegners, but they all seem to operate from closed down petrol stations. So its the petrol station industries fault for supplying them with the perfect premesis to operate from! Instead of complaining that nobody uses ther rubbish car washing machines, perhaps they should sell them for scrap and start washing cars by hand instead too, its clearly what people prefer.

turbojolt
22-09-12, 10:45 AM

several times a month :O i dont wash my cars sevral times a year lol

its just more bull **** that wont happen

SimonTW
22-09-12, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't mind using a garage facility (I had to before I got my outside tap put on) if people didn't go green laning or motocrossing then come and wash caked on dirt off them using the brush. Nice to have the option but trying to force people to do it... get ****ed lol

Spudly
22-09-12, 01:03 PM
They can kiss my ar$e if they think im going to pay to use crap machinery that does a horrific job of 'cleaning' your car :tosser:

brainsnova
22-09-12, 01:16 PM
With the price of fuel a better option would be a free car wash when you spend £20

General Baxter
22-09-12, 02:01 PM
hold on, dont we pay the water company loads, to remove these so called chemicals?

i dont use water to wash my car anyway, the faster i go the more friction on the body work, thus cleaner lol

Spudly
22-09-12, 03:47 PM
Lmfao, still mad as a box of frogs then eh Nicky lol

mowgli
22-09-12, 05:20 PM
the problem is this... their spokesman actually doesn't understand the basic workings of a drain gulley..it has a water trap... oil funnily enough, floats, so gets caught in a water trap... domestic use detergent is so watered down, that it is less than toxic... trade places actually have massive oil traps to catch all the oily crap, but the detergents they use go straight down the drains... the concentration of which is more poisonous than domestic ones...

domestic drains on driveways run into combined sewers(with the poo) so don't go anywhere else except the sewage works.. or they usually run into soakaways.. very rarely do they actually get into a watercourse..

so yet another bit of cobblers by the car wash industry.... and everyone will still go to the wash & polish(or luthuanian)...

Spudly
22-09-12, 06:11 PM
and everyone will still go to the wash & polish(or luthuanian)...

Wont in my family, washed and auto-glym'd my dads 04 reg Jazz this aft, doing my 62 reg work van tomorrow, then prob the astra, and the nova too lol

Fook taking mine, or indeed my rents cars anywhere other than my hose pipe, and my valeting skills!

mowgli
22-09-12, 06:26 PM
you must be really cheap then spud.......lol

Novasport
22-09-12, 06:33 PM
I am the only person that cleans mine or the missus' cars. No fcuker else will touch it including any Polish or other Eastern European and definately will not go anywhere near the rotary sanders/wire wheels the fuel stations describe as a car wash!

thespannerman
22-09-12, 06:55 PM
at least if i clean my cars myself, they wont get scratched!if i put the truck through a carwash there would be a right fight between landy and machine.id have no lights or aerials left !!its all ballcorks if you ask me

novadave24
22-09-12, 07:42 PM
sod them i still wash my car and mums lol

mowgli
22-09-12, 07:57 PM
just what part of your mum do you wash???

twistysnovagte
22-09-12, 08:09 PM
totaly pathetic , same as a recent thread of banning modifications to cars , again so many buissnes's will more than likely go under,losing hundreds if not thousands of jobs putting people back on the dole, which i dont the think the goverment can "afford" to do.

anyway they dont even wash the car thoroughly , plus frequent use of industrial car wash machines seriously fcuk your paint work up !!!
therefore ill continue to spend a good 2-3 hours on a sunday morning washing/cleaning my car

mowgli you crack me up at times lol

mowgli
22-09-12, 08:16 PM
mowgli you crack me up at times lol

you should try being me.. i often walk round shaking my head at the things i come out with in real life......

in the next few weeks, the coalition is actually planning to scrap about 3000 rules that screw up modern working life.. so i can't imagine that this poxy attempt at a money grab will get very far, as the water regs have actually been in place since the victorian age. and the rotating brush car wash has had its day... we really don't like removing aerials, taping down wipers & having to find mirror covers after its finished

twistysnovagte
22-09-12, 08:18 PM
you should try being me.. i often walk round shaking my head at the things i come out with in real life...... just pictured it in my head lol lol

mowgli
22-09-12, 08:23 PM
i've had to run away really fast from things i've said in the past...then realised what happened..

twistysnovagte
22-09-12, 08:27 PM
lol

Mazz
23-09-12, 03:11 PM

The police can come and arrest me twice a year then