PDA

View Full Version : C14se

mk1dave
20-09-12, 04:19 PM
I have just fired up my rallycar after its complete rebuild and it fired up vertually on the button but I have a problem with I think overfuelling as it is running really bad I took the return line of the engine and there is no fuel returning to the tank, there is plenty of fuel getting to the fuel rail, I also unscrewed the bleed valve on the rail and fuel came flying out. any ideas what is going on? I am running a c14se from a corsa sri.

Dave

phazer
20-09-12, 06:05 PM
Check that you have the feed and return fuel pipes the right way round on the rail. Next things to check are the map sensor and it's pipe work, if it fails or you have a vac leak the car can over fuel and/or feel like it's misfiring. Next check the CTS, swap if it's never been done. If you rule these out and it's still not right. disconnect the lambda sensor and see if it improves, it will run rich (it will revert to default map) but if this is at fault it will run smoother.

mk1dave
25-09-12, 02:51 PM
Ok the engine now runs sweet as a nut however there is still no fuel returning to the tank any ideas why this is?

Dave

mowgli
25-09-12, 05:02 PM
blocked pressure regulator??

kinked pipe?

weird plumbing?

knackered pump not supplying enough fuel?

Andy
25-09-12, 05:29 PM
blocked pressure regulator??

kinked pipe?

weird plumbing?

knackered pump not supplying enough fuel?
All those would cause it to run lean though
You need an inline fuel pressure gauge,theyre on the bay for about a tenner

mk1dave
25-09-12, 06:22 PM
How come I need an inline pressure gauge? Does the fuel reg on the rail not do that.