PDA

View Full Version : Canada - Anyone been? Lived? Worked?

Mike
19-09-12, 06:45 PM
Anyone ever been there? Or lived or worked there?

Basically Ive been offered a job out there but Ive never even been lol any input anyone?

turbojolt
19-09-12, 06:58 PM
everyone i know that has worked out there just commented on how hard everyone works out there, they were all in construction roles dont know about you?

but they all told me not to be expecting it easy out there

Mike
19-09-12, 07:04 PM
Basically the main project engineer from an outside company to my work asked me if Id like a job out there working for his business as he could "do with a guy like me" :S

Naturally, Ive told him Im leaving my current work on the 5th to go to a competitor & he'd rather have me work for him instead. A friend of mine has lived & worked there as hes dual citizen but hes in Helmand for another 3 months so cant get hold of him at the minute :/ just wondered if anyone on here knows owt about the place really.

mowgli
19-09-12, 07:04 PM
they say 'EH' at the end of every sentence, so that's weird..

my eldest daughters best mate (aged 14) moved over there with her family last year... they sold absolutely everything they could, and the rest went into a container, which was kept in quarantine for a couple of months before they were allowed to get it..

my mrs went there once to visit a friend & they basically drove from east to west.. and she loved the place. they are like americans, but polite & relatively crime free....

Yorkie
21-09-12, 10:23 AM
Iv always thought it a great country with amazing landscape and beautiful vistas, it has its dangers like bears and wolfs and stuff but i dont think you would have to worry bout it, its somewhere i would love to go, i think its quite cold up there too but im not entirly sure :)

Jack
21-09-12, 11:21 AM
Canada is my top choice for visiting (or living in) any country, anywhere.

scott.parker
21-09-12, 02:07 PM
Mike Do it ffs anything is better then this immigrant infested over price not so grate Britain!

mowgli
21-09-12, 07:59 PM
Mike Do it ffs anything is better then this immigrant infested over price not so grate Britain!

so, your thesis is based on mike becoming an economic immigrant to avoid foreigners..... right....lol lol lol

ps. apparently the people the last govt consulted about opening up to eastern european immigrant workers predicted no more than 13000 would come to work!!!!!!!! no wonder the last govt spent all the money & borrowed £30k per person... they were advised it was a good deal ffs

scott.parker
21-09-12, 08:18 PM
Mowgli you know exactly what I'm on about! If you go out shopping in cheap places eg mattalan etc you become aware your the minority .sn feel like your in another country as 65% of the surrounding shoppers are speaking a foreign language..

MK999
21-09-12, 08:19 PM
Mowgli you know exactly what I'm on about! If you go out shopping in cheap places eg mattalan etc you become aware your the minority .sn feel like your in another country as 65% of the surrounding shoppers are speaking a foreign language..

Well at least over here it's not French lol

Stuart
21-09-12, 08:37 PM
Where in Canada is the job?

I have family in Medicine Hat, Alberta. They certainly know how to party lol
Can't be a bad place as my uncle moved there in the early 80's

mowgli
21-09-12, 09:03 PM
my mrs went there.... & asked a mountie where the hat shop was.. i've got a medicine hat hat....lol

Mike
23-09-12, 03:38 PM
Where in Canada is the job?

I have family in Medicine Hat, Alberta. They certainly know how to party lol
Can't be a bad place as my uncle moved there in the early 80's

I dont know TBH lol still yet to look into it properly etc. Work Visa's an all that caper.

Stuart
23-09-12, 04:22 PM
I believe its a piece of pish to get work Visa's for Canada as there isnt many people there and if you are going for a job then you get let in with open arms lol