PDA

View Full Version : Perspex / Polycarbonate 1 Piece Front Window Seals - Fitting Advice

chimp007_uk
18-09-12, 10:20 PM
Seems to be one of those evenings, where I'm trying to sort out all the parts I need for the build.

I have a set of 1 piece front windows, and looking about the net, people propose using Metro or VW Polo seals. Having looked about the net, they'vre not that readily available, and if they are they tend to be expensive.

Anyone know of the type of seal needed? Is it possible to buy non formed seals to fit?

Before anyone suggest, I don't want to bond them in.

Cheers
Chris

SimonTW
18-09-12, 10:22 PM
Craigs just listed some for sale recently and there is a link to a suitable universal seal in the "how to fit polycarb windows" post in the article section.

chimp007_uk
18-09-12, 10:37 PM
Craigs just listed some for sale recently and there is a link to a suitable universal seal in the "how to fit polycarb windows" post in the article section.

Cheers Simon. Just spent an hour trawling through threads on here and PNG and didn't find either with the search function! RUBBISH!

chimp007_uk
19-09-12, 10:37 PM
Anyone shed some light on what happened to Craig's thread? Or can give me his username?

SimonTW
19-09-12, 11:27 PM
Not sure where the thread went. His user name is 8valve-craig.

Hobbit
19-09-12, 11:29 PM
The thread has been taken off for a short while, pm Craig. :thumb:

Here's a guide...

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?97938-*HOW-TO*-Fit-polycarb-windows