PDA

View Full Version : What a cu*t

ianb90
18-09-12, 05:25 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204935/Young-man-killed-Royal-British-Legion-member-souped-car.html

M.C.F.C
18-09-12, 05:39 PM
i agree what a f*cking muppet that guy is!!!!

pie
18-09-12, 05:46 PM
:tosser:

chimp007_uk
18-09-12, 05:57 PM
3years... What's happening with our justice system?

Graeme
18-09-12, 06:02 PM
Was/Is he on here?

mowgli
18-09-12, 06:05 PM
and in one newspaper article, the reputation of vauxhall nova owners hits rock bottom again.

Graeme
18-09-12, 06:13 PM
Wasn't Maka from up that way, oh well as Mike said we're all vermin again

mowgli
18-09-12, 06:27 PM
we had a bad crash in hinckley last week. 2 lads in a civic were involved in a head on crash in a 40 zone with a woman in a kia picanto... the lads died

the local rag tried to make out that these lads were being considered for sainthood, they were such lovely people etc.....

my brother knows one of the dads, and he wasn't quoted in the paper, but he said the lad drove like a complete tawt & was surprised he had managed to survive as long as he had...

i feel slightly guilty cos i'd noticed the annoying git with the vtec wasn't driving down to our local park every evening & revving it off the limiter & thought 'good! i hope he's crashed it'.....

oh, there was also no mention in the paper that the girl in the kia is possibly going to be paralysed.....

now for the point of this tale...

the road they were on, like the road that poor old lad was crossing was speed limited & in no way a challenge for normal sane driving... the hand wringers will be blaming speed as the worst factor again, when it is as usual, inapropriate use of speed.. what time saving could that lad have possibly made by doing 47mph in the middle of a town in broad daylight??? none..

and there is of course, the fashion trend of wearing no seatbelts... why do people do this????

driving a car fast is actually quite satisfying, in the right surroundings that is....

sadly, he probably got more punishment for the invalid insurance

paul james
18-09-12, 07:01 PM
Should have got an extended sentence for trying to blame the poor old man, "he ran into the road", he was 80 FFS. Perhaps the authorities should pay a visit to everyone who has a car with an undeclared engine, obviously difficult as they are undeclared but they could trawl ebay etc for all the ones that make it a selling point that they are a '1.2 on the logbook' and posing as buyers go hand out fines/make them register the actual engine/take the car away.

Spudly
18-09-12, 07:04 PM
sadly, he probably got more punishment for the invalid insurance

Exactly this, my rents have said for years now that if you ever want to kill someone and get away with it, run them over in a car, you will get a slap on the wrist and nothing more, its disgusting!

John
18-09-12, 07:14 PM
This was the white 3 door someone posted pics of a while back. (Souped up? Like Heinz? Grr I feckin hate the daily mail!)

turbojolt
18-09-12, 07:24 PM
this is a shame and the sentence does seem lean, but its down to the judge what sentance he see fitt, 3 years is a long time to sit in a cell and think about where you messed up, hopefully he uses the time to change himself.

TeddyThom
18-09-12, 07:25 PM
He'll be out in 18 months bragging about his nova powah! What an absolute prick. Thoughts are with the family.

Andy
18-09-12, 07:25 PM
this is a shame and the sentence does seem lean, but its down to the judge what sentance he see fitt, 3 years is a long time to sit in a cell and think about where you messed up, hopefully he uses the time to change himself.

Except it will only be half that if he behaves inside
and magistrates/judeges are limited by guidelines by the stupid government as to waht sentences to impose.

Jack
18-09-12, 08:00 PM
This was the white 3 door someone posted pics of a while back. (Souped up? Like Heinz? Grr I feckin hate the daily mail!)
Yep, remember that.

Devils advocate here, but speed IMO had nothing to do with that accident. If he hit the old guy at 30mph, he still would have killed him. The driver wasn't looking where he was going at the point of impact so doesn't matter if he was doing 30, 50, 100. Heck even hitting an 80 year old guy at 15mph could have killed him. He could also have been doing the same speed in a bog standard 1.2 (albeit with enough run up!)

Spudly
18-09-12, 08:18 PM
Dont remember the thread with the car in, anyone got a link............. Southie lol

mowgli
18-09-12, 08:46 PM
it had a couple of hasty pic's of a white nova in the street with a massive dent, didn't it??

Spudly
18-09-12, 08:54 PM
it had a couple of hasty pic's of a white nova in the street with a massive dent, didn't it??

Zomg, someone used the search and found what they wanted shocker.....:eek:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?181859-Nova-crash-October-2011-Rishton-Nr-Blackburn

mowgli
18-09-12, 08:59 PM
hit him at 30mph my ar$e....

but, just to add to the devils advocaat... there is a line of parked cars... why was the pedestrian crossing near them?? even my kids know to find a safe place to cross....(well, when i'm about they do, when i'm not, they probably do that thing that all 14 year olds girls do, where they simply walk out into the road & make all cars stop)

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/667.$plit/C_71_article_1462231_image_list_image_list_item_0_ image.jpg?19%2F10%2F2011%2011%3A16%3A56%3A126

brainsnova
18-09-12, 09:09 PM
Speeders in built up areas piss me off so I block them / cause them to slow etc lol

Spudly
18-09-12, 09:14 PM
Speeders in built up areas piss me off so I block them / cause them to slow etc lol

In which case youre as dangerous and in the wrong as they are im afraid, although its annoying (the road i live on is a conservation/20mph zone) as you see them all fly past as 40+ mph, it is not your place to try to slow them, if you cause another road user to alter their driving in any way, through something you have done, then it is your fault :eek:

brainsnova
18-09-12, 09:27 PM
I knew that was coming but an example is if someone comes flying up behind me like they are going to overtake then I just move closer to the centre line, I don't go head on or anything like that

Spudly
18-09-12, 09:32 PM
Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be a cnut, that was a lesson hard learned when I was doing a mock driving test, misjudged and pulled out in front of a speeding Audi, my instructor explained that to me in great detail lol

GRUNT 16V
19-09-12, 10:37 AM
wtf c0ck

Hobbit
19-09-12, 10:51 AM
Really don't get "death by dangerous driving" its manslaughter plain and simple.

Pete
19-09-12, 11:00 AM
Really don't get "death by dangerous driving" its manslaughter plain and simple.

This.

Jack
19-09-12, 12:51 PM
Its a jury thing apparently, but for most intents and purposes death by dangerous driving is pretty much akin to involuntary manslaughter. The sentencing is different in terms of death by dangerous driving is 1 to 14 years, where as manslaughter is discretionary to life (so theoretically if you were brought up on involuntary manslaughter you could get off without prison, where as death by dangerous driving would see you gauranteed time). A manslaughter charge could be brought in on a death by dangerous driving case if CPS thought it warranted a potential lengthy conviction.

mowgli
19-09-12, 01:08 PM
/\ the old reason of 'justice must be seen to be done'..... which is why ronnie biggs got 30 years for providing someone to drive the train....

ocdstigy
20-09-12, 03:02 PM

Exactly.

Connor
20-09-12, 09:22 PM
That is disgusting!