PDA

View Full Version : i dont want it, take it back!

Tazzy
06-08-03, 12:04 AM
no, my gf didnt lay a sprog, but i did get a promotion at work!

i though yeay, more money, more control, less work as i could boss everyone else around! lol!

not quite! i know no one cares, and not really the place, but arrrrrgh! ok, so ive gone from being a barman to supervisor, not difficult to do!

but for an extra 80p per hour to ?5, a red shirt and keys to the stock, it plays with your head, if anything bad happens, im looked at to sort it out, if the celler guttering gets blocked, i have to get on my knees and scrape it out by hand!

i do everything, has anyone ever been promoted in the bar industry? its not exactly what was expected, same day my boss promoted me, he sacked the other guy, im now the biggest b&st&d on earth as everyone thinks ive replaced him, which i havent! that guy starts tomorrow!

rant over!

Chris LR
06-08-03, 12:15 AM
I hate working for people who couldn't give a shit...

At Index I've signed my contract with another signature, making it void if i want. and I keep a letter of resignation in my lock, with blank spaces for date and signatue.

Tazzy
06-08-03, 12:51 AM
my boss isnt too bad, he has alot of work to do himself, so he has basically dropped all the bar work on me to deal with, and i must say, im doinga a good job, but it is getting on top of me, my first aim was to reduce the theft of stock, so my boss and i have set rules which will be kept, if broken, the staff will be fired, no more messin about!

we make enough profit, but not the kind we would like, so another key i am working on is customer service, its cr*p, so i intend to do summit about it, what bugs me though is that theres too much to do that should of already been done!

my boss assures me i could have a high profile career in the retail trade, he has contacts, ive always dreamt of having a beach bar in spain, one day maybe!

but he is stopping me from working in a leisure centre, what i want to do, and college, and he isnt happy with my FA coaching programmes!

still, its ok to tide me over, some bosses would sack you just for wanting to do summit else!

rant 2 over!

wisewood
06-08-03, 11:13 AM
Night club i used to work at for 2 years - went from glass collector to bar staff, to bar supervisor to head bar supervisor.

I was seen as a bit of a bastard sometimes but it goes with the job, i got paid a pitiful amount extra - something like 20p per hour - and i had to make sure my bar had stock, change, deal with dogy customers, make sure it was clean and tidy, cash up the three tills on my bar, train new staff and deligate work out around the work shy staff and serve as well. But i loved it. Best job i've had... loadsa fun.

I only left it because i needed more money so came and worked here instead. Did try going back part time as well as this but it just wasnt the same having to take orders from supervisors who i gave the first bar training to a year or so earlier.

locky
06-08-03, 10:54 PM
I help 2 supervise as she cant do 1/2 the stuff like lugging barrels, n gettin hands dirty e.t.c, thats my p/t job lol!
it is a bugger when u got lots on ur head, just make sure the lines r clean! i h8 havin a pint after i cleaned the lines! i pull thru bout 6 pints!
Im able 2 taste it 4 some reason!

Phil_G
07-08-03, 11:23 PM
I help 2 supervise as she cant do 1/2 the stuff like lugging barrels, n gettin hands dirty e.t.c, thats my p/t job lol!
it is a bugger when u got lots on ur head, just make sure the lines r clean! i h8 havin a pint after i cleaned the lines! i pull thru bout 6 pints!
Im able 2 taste it 4 some reason!

HI,

pull more fresh water thru then...

saves wasteage and should help rinse any shite from lines

Phil

ade
08-08-03, 12:51 AM
lol m8 - you need to to learn the art of "delegation"

if the celler guttering gets blocked, i have to get on my knees and scrape it out by hand!

Delegate to a minion - and whilst there down there make them get more ice!

my boss assures me i could have a high profile career in the retail trade, he has contacts, ive always dreamt of having a beach bar in spain, one day maybe!

:evil: you bopss SUCKS C0CK! He;s stringing you on because he knows your GOOD and hes scared to lose you so he builds you up then -

but he is stopping me from working in a leisure centre, what i want to do, and college, and he isnt happy with my FA coaching programmes!

- Knocks you down. What are you his bitch or summut!?!

If you want to work in leisure centres/football DO IT! Pays better than bar weork and you can get a bar job ANYWHERE now you have experience!

Dont let some little Hitler hold you back!
(speaks from experience after workjing in bar for 5 yrs at various levels - bar jobs are easy to come by - GO TO SPAIN AND GET A JOB OUT THERE!)

I H8 bosses like that - tw4ts!

:evil:

wisewood
08-08-03, 10:34 AM
yupp - i agree with ade.
i was promised management training etc for about 5 months before i left the company and nothing ever came of it...

If you are good at your job, in such a volitile business where staff come and go all the time managers want to keep the good ones in place so will tell you waht you wanna hear to keep you there.

When i suddenly turned around on saturday night at 3am after work and said, "here's my resignation effective immediately i start a new job on Monday morning" they were gutted...

Started saying things like, oooh no you have to work a months notice read your contract... i said you look at my contract of employment with me then - so they showed me all the relevant points and then i showed them the back page where there was no signature!!! :D We got bought out by another company a few months previous and i never signed the new contract because it said i had to give 1 months notice and not the 2 weeks that it had stated in my old one.

:D

They soon shut up after that, i never agreed to my employment terms so nothing they could do to make me stay really - they just gave me a case of stella and a hand shake - said "fair play mate, good luck!" and off i went.

burgo
11-08-03, 06:04 AM
4ndy u ever tried runnin ur own bar it is a feckin nightmare and wot the feck u pooring down the cellars gutting to block it