PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 8v

robert_novaj611
17-09-12, 04:20 PM
i am wanting to build a 1600 8v but dont no what engine to go for and what is better would i be better running it on carbs or the injection what engine would be better the c16se or the e16se if i run it on the injection what would be the best way to tune it could u map it i have been told that xe injectors work on them but not to sure i am jsut looking for a wee cheap power gain untill i get my xe the car i would be putting the 1600 in is a 1.2 spi soo what fuel pump would i need to run etc cheers :thumb:

mowgli
17-09-12, 07:48 PM
the e/c16se is a doddle to fit & wire in. there are threads all over the forum about them.

you need to get a corsa b or astra mk3 mpi pump, then shorten the intake pipe to fit the nova tank.

a set of carbs will cost twice what the engine does... and will maybe give you 10hp on a std engine if you are lucky..

the xe injectors only throw too much fuel into a std e16se, and won't help with power..

basically a std 1600 (and matching gbox) will double your hp compared to a 1.2i. but tuning them costs a lot of money. i'd say the cheapest option is fit a 1600, keep it std, then when you are ready for more power, fit an xe.

robert_novaj611
17-09-12, 08:37 PM
yea cheers mate i thought that you would of used a corsa b mpi pump take it itl be the 14 or 16 sport pump you use and i have a high lift cam sitting there for the 1.6 and i have the 40s but do you think standerd injection with high lift cam would be ok ?

philip
18-09-12, 06:54 AM
What spec is the cam? If you have the 40s + cam, little bit of headwork, some rod bolts(cheap insurance) and hald decent exhaust mani will make the car quite nippy and fun to drive too.