PDA

View Full Version : legal question

novalew
17-09-12, 12:18 AM
My "nice" neighbours rang and put a complaint in at my landlords today due to been too Noisy

Yesterday i was sanding my Rear axle using a drill with wire attachment and angle grinder with sanding disc

today i cut (angle grinder) a wing in half and cleaned the metal then proceeded to weld it together for practice and ground the weld back.

both acts were done after midday and in my back garden, do the miserable benefit scroungers have a leg to stand on.

The also commented that my 2 year old son cries too much.

Even though we work full time and my son and daughter are both out of the house and nurserys from 7.30am - 6 pm and in bed at around 8.30 - 9pm

gggggrrrrrr!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

scott.parker
17-09-12, 12:33 AM
Pmsl ****ers screw em

mowgli
17-09-12, 06:08 AM
go round & ask said neighbours when would it be least trouble for you to make a little noise..

turf wars with people next door never end well

novalew
17-09-12, 06:58 AM
Mate I wouldn't mind but they have 3-5 dogs that poop everywhere they leave it for days then whip up the manhole cover and shove it down, sometimes leaving the cover off and the stench is ridiculous. I have had to put up 2 pub style fly traps outside to try to help. The passage between the house stinks. They have storming rows, threatening each other and discussing who is the laziest and how the daughter will grass up the mom for not declaring the dad living there and how she lies in bed all day drinking cider. And they all wear pj's and dressing gowns all day. This is just the stuff I can be bothered to write using my phone

kent14sr
17-09-12, 08:31 AM
Been in this position;

1. Children crying - they do not have a leg to stand on, as all kids/babies cry.
2. Repairing of cars - difficult as the local authority can deem it as antisocial behaviour and what constitutes it is a grey area. You also need to check your tennancy agreement as many specifically prohibit the repairing of cars on the property.

paul080803
17-09-12, 09:20 AM
These are all civil matters/disagreements, just make sure you keep your cool and dont develop this into a police attendance!

As stated if renting the property clearly check any tenancy agreements, if you are ok on that front I would get into the landlord straight away to explain your side of the disagreement.

Also keep a record of what you are doing, times and days includin also approx noise levels. Good evidence in these matters goes a long way.

But as mowgli has stated first step should be a nice polite chat with the neighbours and see if there is a way to appease the situation and come to a mutual agreement. Neighbour disagreements are a nightmare and can become very nasty quickly.

turbojolt
17-09-12, 09:36 AM
how do you know they have done it, has the landlord already been in touch with you?

Stuart
17-09-12, 09:57 AM
It seems the scummier the complainers the easier it is for them to get the result they want.
We had noisy neighbours for a while (they would have music on properly loud from 4pm to 10pm then go out, come back with a load of mates and have the music on loud + stand outside discussing whos knobbed who from 2am till 6am EVERYDAY. We complained to the council and they pretty much didnt give a toss and passed it onto Environmental health who also didnt give much of a toss. In the end it took a load of DVLA reports about the cars + maybe bending the truth about drug dealing at the address to get the police round. We had jobs and are decent enough people lol

I'd report them to the social services for benefit fraud and the dog turd stuff for endangering you and your families health.

novalew
17-09-12, 12:08 PM
how do you know they have done it, has the landlord already been in touch with you?

Yeah mate had a call from him on sat. He was pretty cool. I tried been nice i went round and asked why they couldnt come round and talk about it but they simply werent interested. But now after checking the contract im not sure if i can have the car. I know this is my fault but ffs its just a hobby. Easier to smoke crack and steal, rather than try and bring the kids up properly these days

turbojolt
17-09-12, 12:22 PM
what does you tenecy say about working on cars? mine says only general maintenance is allowed, love to know which one of them is going to tell me that what I'm doing isn't generaly maintain my car, seems a fairly vauge statment to me lol

paul080803
17-09-12, 12:50 PM
what does you tenecy say about working on cars? mine says only general maintenance is allowed, love to know which one of them is going to tell me that what I'm doing isn't generaly maintain my car, seems a fairly vauge statment to me lol

I think it is quite obvious doing an engine swap, including modifiying the chassis to take the new engine on a bare shell car is not general maintenance lol

However it is going to come down to what the Landlord sees as acceptable to do on his property.

kent14sr
17-09-12, 12:54 PM
It usually stipulates in the tennancy agreement what is acceptable -

Some generic/standard agreements specifically state that no maintainence on petrol/diesel motor vehicles may be carried out as working on them can invalidate the landlords building property insurance (I checked when I was in rented property)

Jack
17-09-12, 01:03 PM
Mine is the same, 'general' maintenance. Doesn't specify what that entails though, but I guess it would be up to the tenant to clarify.

I just synchronize my grinding with the builders doing their cutting across the road lol

novalew
17-09-12, 01:09 PM
If they just spoke first I would of stopped And come to a fair arrangement

turbojolt
17-09-12, 02:10 PM
as long as you not doing that kind of stuff at the crack of dawn or after 5 imo they should hush there noise

Paul
17-09-12, 02:18 PM
Just carry on, whats the worst that'll happen. Police round to have a word?

Stuart
17-09-12, 02:39 PM
Just carry on, whats the worst that'll happen. Police round to have a word?

If that!

Environmental health will issue a warning (at some point, probably after you have moved out in a year or two) before the Police even consider caring.

novalew
17-09-12, 03:11 PM
Cheers guys for all the comments, I'll keep you posted on what happens

Jack
17-09-12, 05:39 PM
I'd be more worried about the letting agency booting you out due to breaching terms of let

novalew
17-09-12, 05:46 PM
The landlord has seen the nova underneath the cover and never asked about it previously. But we will have to wait and see.

Nova-nation
17-09-12, 05:54 PM
They should be out by 9 and back by 5 if they work, so fcuk them IMO, and if it's a Sunday they should be up at 8am to go to church lol lol just talk to your landlord and get him on your side.

Jon_nova1
17-09-12, 06:56 PM
i've had the occasional neighbour asking me to be quiet when i've been working on the car and not realised the time, its not that hard, you clearly have idiots for neighbours.

Being on the good side of someone gets you a long way, just say your engine is knocking so your generally maintaining your bearings and its a Nova so you have to generally maintain the rust lol

Most landlords don't mind working on cars even with it in the contract, i built a Nova in the rented carpark with a no car work allowed clause lol aslong as you don't give anything for a normal person to complain about you should be fine

novalew
17-09-12, 08:27 PM
They should be out by 9 and back by 5 if they work, so fcuk them IMO, and if it's a Sunday they should be up at 8am to go to church lol lol just talk to your landlord and get him on your side.

wouldn't mind if they had a job between the four of them!!!!!

Mark Sparks
17-09-12, 08:52 PM
I hate upsetting my neighbours so when moved into my new house 4 months ago I went round to both there houses and told them what I do and if they had a problem with the noise just to tell me and i would stop, so far no complaints and they now want me to work on there cars. All they ever say to my wife is how hard I work.
I think should go round and talk to them to resolve any issues you both have (even if you think its past that point) don't leave till you have:thumb:

mk1nova_rich
17-09-12, 09:18 PM
People who dont work shouldnt have a leg to stand on, but unfortunately this country is soft as **** with ****ers like that