PDA

View Full Version : calibra dash into Nova

Martin.p
16-09-12, 08:40 PM
whats your opinion? I know the calibra dash is wider than the nova one! I've been all over it with a tape today and i'm thinking if I remove the head light switch from right of steering wheel and move it up to where the air vent is on right i'll looses enough in width to still get all the glove box in on left but have to loose the left air vent as well.

this would leave what is the centre of the calibra dash in the same orintation to gear stick as the nova and the clocks would come in same place as nova ones as well!

reason being is I'm thinking of killing a calibra to put its engine in the nova. and was thinking of keeping clocks so mi relate to the engine and I get all the right lights as well.

So thought why not try the dash in there?

after cutting dash about and moving switches i'd get it flocked (seen a few people offering the service on forum's)
that way any cutting/ filling can be hidden

what do you think?

cheeky8v
16-09-12, 08:50 PM
Nooooooooo

Martin.p
16-09-12, 08:55 PM
all 4 options are quite negitive lol, maybe I should off added one saying 'great idea try it' lol kind of gives away the opinion im pre-empting :)

cheeky8v
16-09-12, 08:59 PM
Lol everything worth a try. Gotta be nicer dash than the calibre tho surely

Benn
16-09-12, 10:09 PM
No dude, shape is all wrong too.

mowgli
16-09-12, 10:36 PM
it would stuck out into the rest of the car quite a bit in std form, but if you have a spare dash, then try it, it might be fantastic

brainsnova
16-09-12, 10:57 PM
I'd go mk4 Astra like Heds did it's a far more modern shape and just fits in without cutting the width.