PDA

View Full Version : budget power

terr1152
16-09-12, 08:31 PM
hi people i have a 1.0ltr nova runs really well but i want more power i have a 1.2 engine that runs fine and a 1.4 xe bottom end. I intend on putting the 1.2 head and carb on the 1.4 bottom end with couple minor mods such as a port and polish bigger cam etc. would like to know a couple of peoples opinions and suggestions and would this engine work well. thanks.

Stuart
16-09-12, 08:36 PM
The compression ratio might be mental, youD need to measure that.

Royston
16-09-12, 08:40 PM
The compression ratio might be mental, youD need to measure that.
I was thinking something similar!!

I would maybe have a real think about what you're really wanting to achieve, against what you can insure with mods

1.3/1.4 8v conversion would possibly be a good place to start

terr1152
16-09-12, 08:44 PM
well we currently have 3 novas one is a 1.4 sri and we have a 1.3 sr with some great engine mods both really quick toys but my intentions where to build a half decent engine with whats left over as we do have alot of spares and everything to build an engine just fancied giving the tag along 1.0ltr we have a little more edge.

terr1152
16-09-12, 08:54 PM
ok new find at back of garage is a spare sri head which i now intend to take inlet and carb off the 1.2 head and see what we get. no harm in trial and error i suppose lol ill just keep the 1.0 ltr to one side incase lol.

Royston
16-09-12, 08:57 PM
I haven't seen many Nova's in Stockton, I live between Norton and Sadberge

terr1152
16-09-12, 09:37 PM
we currently have a white b reg sr which has only been back on the road the last fortnight and sri is in for some work. the 1ltr is a black f reg which was used on a regular basis by previous owner in hartlepool which is back on the road from next monday with new paintwork and hopefully a half decent engine lol