PDA

View Full Version : twin 45 dellorto set up

jaywalker
16-09-12, 03:42 PM
hi i have a set of twin 45 dellorto carbs that i bought which were fitted to a nova xe, i have a brand new cav dizzy, a fuel pressure regulator that was fitted to the carbs,
what else do i need and how hard is it to get this to work if im going to attempt this myself, i was told when i bought the carbs that they are already set up and shouldnt need that much adjustment if any, is there a step by step guide or any advice on how to tackle this would be great

thanks jay

8valve-craig
16-09-12, 05:30 PM
Linkage, cables, mod the throttle pedal, low pressure pump, gauge to set fuel pressure.

You got the loom and coil / amp for the cav dizzy setup? if not you need that too.

They will need a session on the rollers, regardless of what anyone says.

Then away you go, for a few weeks until you start looking for TB's

jaywalker
16-09-12, 05:51 PM
Crikey lol, all I have is the dizzy, no amp(yet), the linkage is already on it, have fpr but no gauge, have std xe fuel pump?, so I'm guessing I need one of those, geeze I guess it's a lot more parts I need then, does anyone have all these for sale? pm of you do please! thanks jay

jaywalker
16-09-12, 06:00 PM
are these parts already on a std car?, I mean the amp n loom where would I get those from...cav,Astra etc or do I have to get one made up from someone, is there all these things in kit form anywhere

8valve-craig
16-09-12, 06:03 PM
You will need the coil and 7pin amp for a mk2 1.6 Cavalier, but will also need to make up a short loom connecting the dizzy - coil - amp. These never come up for sale, as most people keep them as a complete dizzy kit.

You cant use your fuel pump, its too powerful, you need a low pressure, like a facet or similar. Then of course a gauge to wind the pressure down to 3psi. But you can just use a £10 one off ebay

You will also need to lower the alternator by around 1 inch, using a custom made bracket, then make a new upper alternator link and find a suitable belt which doesnt rub on the oil filter.

Throttle cables take a bit of head scratching too, but its perfectly do-able. my setup is for sale, But its not going to be cheap.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af79/smith9051/Nova%20on%20bike%20carbs/nova.jpg

jaywalker
19-09-12, 07:08 PM
hi there what low fuel pressure pump do I need, any links would be grateful

thanks jay

Mike
19-09-12, 07:16 PM
Throttle cables take a bit of head scratching too

Dont talk wet. Off the shelf twin cable kits are readily avaliable. EXACTLY like the one in your picture.

Jay, fuel pump wise, Facet do a low pressure pump suitable for carb applications for about £90 all in. Facet Silvertop its called. Runs 6~7psi & good for upto about 200hp.

Or for less pennies, a Facet Solid State : http://www.motorsport-tools.com/facet-solid-state-fuel-pump-road-2530-psi-40105-p-250609.html?zenid=28b5619c639ba4c337848ed6296dda16

No fcuking about dailing fuel pressures from bodge job gauges & all that caper.

jaywalker
19-09-12, 07:28 PM
hi mike nice to hear from you lol!
whats the 2nd one? does this lower the pressure and use the xe pump, bit outta my league with all this stuff mate

Mike
19-09-12, 07:32 PM
hi mike nice to hear from you lol!
whats the 2nd one? does this lower the pressure and use the xe pump, bit outta my league with all this stuff mate

Hows it going boss man lol seen you out an about recently in the Nova driving past my house lol

Basically, you do away with your current fuel pump altogether. The Facet pump will only emit 2.5~3.0psi of pressure as oppose to your current fuel pump thats going to be putting out about 30 or 60psi or what ever they do, something like that anyway.

Also dont forget, if youve not got it alreay you;ll need the carburettor inlet manifold too.

jaywalker
19-09-12, 07:43 PM
mike I have a complete set up with manifold,carbs,linkage, fuel pressure regulator, just need the low pressure pump, so I'm good to go with the cheaper version? stuff on eBay any good? or would you just get it from link you provided

Mike
19-09-12, 07:45 PM
Id get a proper Facet one as there cheap enough. Motor Sport Tools are a decent outfit too.

jaywalker
19-09-12, 07:50 PM
could you sen me a link to one I need then please mate, eBay will do? cheers