PDA

View Full Version : Insurance? convicted? best place to go???? anyone????

Unr3al Rac3r
05-08-03, 10:22 PM
im 20
2 convictions
16 points
held licence for less than 1 month

anyone know best place to go to get quote???

best quote so far is like ?3,000 with a 1.0 NOVA!!!

MUST BE CHEAPER???????????????????????????

pref a online quotation system?

NoVa_KhAn
05-08-03, 10:29 PM
yeh peeps help us out i need 2 no 2 im 18 and been convicted twice wiv loadsa points and i need 2 no where 2 get cheap insurance plz help

Breeny
05-08-03, 11:09 PM
Fuck me! lol

What on earth did you get 16 points for? and how can you still be driving :o

I thought my 8 were bad... lol I guess you can try HIC mate, best quote for me... but I very much doubt they'll be any better than the other insurance companies.

Online quote systems are shite btw... ring around and haggle its much better and comes out much cheaper.

Dave
05-08-03, 11:13 PM
i always though 12 was the max you could get before they took your licence away?
an don't they take it away if you get more than 9 pionts in your first year now??

Breeny
05-08-03, 11:15 PM
Its 6 points within first 2 years of driving... then you have to retake both tests. After 2 years you can have 12 but anymore you get banned (depending on cicrumstances - I know someone with 14 that needs car for work reasons)

Unr3al Rac3r
05-08-03, 11:44 PM
i had no licence no insurance both time,

i got 8 points first time
and
8 points second time
12 points = instant ban.

now im back from ban

have you got HIC's number??? or website addy???

dave.gsi
06-08-03, 12:22 AM
lmao....16 points!

u shouldn't be let loose on a bike let alone in a car :lol:

Unr3al Rac3r
06-08-03, 12:27 AM
why not.

its not like i crashed a car is it or dangerous driving. i drove for nearly a year with no insurance no licence with modded cars.

i never did anything wrong on road only no ins or licence.

dave.gsi
06-08-03, 12:29 AM
i never did anything wrong on road only no ins or licence.

driving with no licence or insurance is wrong surely?

Unr3al Rac3r
06-08-03, 12:47 AM
yeah like i said thats what i did wrong.

on road i did nothing wrong.

Neil.
06-08-03, 12:48 AM
not surprised driving with no insurance or licence. it'll be hard getting a quote, or just try again and see if u get away with it, u didnt twice b4.

Unr3al Rac3r
06-08-03, 01:13 AM
yeah anyway the topic is about insurance companys not my past life. or if its that interesting then you can meet up with me and i'll tell you all about it if you like!

so does anyone know any more companys for convicted drivers? not one sin back of car mag there dearer than normal ones!

neil2uk
06-08-03, 02:48 AM
here you go this is a cheap place

http://www.its4me.co.uk

Will
06-08-03, 12:32 PM
pmsl @ having 2 IN10 convictions, no1 will touch u, and guess wot

ITS ALL YOUR OWN DOING :P

pmsl, no sympathy from me, ppl who drive with no insurance piss me right off, you see this is why me and breeny with our luton postcodes pay so much money for insurance! :evil:

Alex
06-08-03, 01:15 PM
its people like you who make our insurance (and your own now) so high. We have to pay for all the uninsured accidents.

wisewood
06-08-03, 01:20 PM
try the novaload.net links post in general chat forum - list of 24 insurance companies on there that you could try.

although just like the others i have to frown upon your previous behaviour.
(i did exactly the same before i passed my test, and now know how stupid i was as an 18 year old!!)

NoVa_KhAn
06-08-03, 03:32 PM
yes that is true but wen u have no money and you love driving u will do ne fing 2 drive we no we dun rong thats y we r tryin 2 do it properlyy we are not askin 4 ur sympothy we r just askin if u no cheap insurers if u dont wana help dont say nefing simple really i fort novaload ppl were helpful as proven sum are but sum r just ignorant!!! thanks 4 the ppl who tryed helpin neways!

Unr3al Rac3r
06-08-03, 11:50 PM
try the novaload.net links post in general chat forum - list of 24 insurance companies on there that you could try.

although just like the others i have to frown upon your previous behaviour.
(i did exactly the same before i passed my test, and now know how stupid i was as an 18 year old!!)

yeah but you can see our point cant you. we love driving so much having a car sitting in your drive is more depressing than having no sex.

we know we did wrong and we served our long ban we paid our endless fines up and now were still serving it with HIGH insurance quotes so i think we learnt our lesson. and now were getting a licence/insurance and doing everything properly so people should respect us. i know when im driving legitemetly and i see other people driving with no insurance im gona be pissed off. now i see where you lot are coming from but were doing it all properly now...so be safe take a chill pill or get in ya car and cruise all night just dont have a go we aint that stupid to go through it all again.

thanks for everyone who helped
any more companys anyone else knows would be nice :lol:

bfuller
08-08-03, 05:14 PM
Bah, save the essay, your still a prick :lol:

Neil.
09-08-03, 02:44 AM
say u are insured, and some kid smashes into your car, then u find out he's got no insurance, wouldn't u be p!ssed off? not worth the risk, i took a risk driving wihtout declaring any of my mods for a short time, but i knew it was stupid so i changed my insurer and lost a yrs NCB, but i wasn't gonna take the risk, no mater how careful you are u could always slip off the clutch and hit the person infront of u.

?Marty?
09-08-03, 03:14 AM
why did you change insurance cos neil? why didn't you just declare the mods to your current one? maybe late, but they don't know when they were done, and at least they'd be insured then.

Neil.
09-08-03, 03:24 AM
becoz me being the spaz i am chose a company that dont insure on mods, didn't even think about modding my nova wen i got my insurance first off.

?Marty?
09-08-03, 03:30 AM
fair enough, it happens.

some insure mods, but not all mods. Like not rollcages, nitrous and etc.

Gazza14SR
09-08-03, 11:15 AM
i am currently with cis they are reasonable and give you a 25% discount to new comers.

Quote online - www.cis.co.uk

I dont think you'll get a quote online as anything over 1 conviction you have to phone up.

Also it might benifit you to do the pass plus?? just a thought.

Gaz

Unr3al Rac3r
11-08-03, 12:14 AM
thanks gazza, not so thanks bfuller

bfuller
11-08-03, 03:28 PM
'Tis a pleasure my friend :lol:

I hope when you do get insurance, you crash the day before renewal and lose your no claims :)

NoVa_KhAn
11-08-03, 07:02 PM
u r pretty sad mate hopin 4 sum 1 2 crash there NOVA!!!! how pathetiq r u!!! u need 2 grow up!

Unr3al Rac3r
11-08-03, 07:09 PM
'Tis a pleasure my friend :lol:

I hope when you do get insurance, you crash the day before renewal and lose your no claims :)

thanks but only thing im gona crash into is yours mums fat ass that covers the whole of reading berkshire bedfordshire and hertfordshire.

i hope you crash to, lose your no claims bonus and hopefully knock your head on the steering wheel to knock some sense in you. hopefully nothing will happen to your car, your to lame to drive a nova. go get a push bike.

call me or email me if you wana say somethng else. dont ruin the thread all i want is insurance companys.

Dan
11-08-03, 07:36 PM
ok i locking this now, yes they made mistakes and idiots of themselves, yes alot of us have opinions on this (myself included) but they admit what they did was wrong and a few have had their say so no point starting a fight, oh by the way if any of this abuse continues on any other threads you can garuntee i shall use my 'subtle' approach to sort it.

on a final note i was hammered for not much 6 yrs ago and got a DR10. 'privilege' were very good with me and my quote was only 60 notes more than before my ban. Obviously it was minor and this reflected on my premuim but they didnt laugh and tell me to f off and sorted me out a good rate. Worth a try