PDA

View Full Version : Just alittle help with a 1.3 Nova i bought!

Nova_D8n
14-09-12, 07:55 PM
Hello all! Am very pleased owner of a 1.3 L Nova! i have big plans for it once my wedding is out the way in june, not 100% sure of them yet but there going to be big!

Anyway on the subject, i bought this 1.3 nova, just assuming it was a normal standard nova (except it had a gte bumper, lattice alloys and a matt black spray job!) until i was on the way home i was racing my brothers 1.8 astra coupe we travelled up in.

He could not shake me what so ever, until about 90mph and he slowly crept away. i was quite surprised with this for a 89 nova 1.3, anyway when we got it home we discovered it a weber carbs and a 4-1 sportex manifold and 2" tail pipe all the way through.

but the actual head spinner for me was i think he may have a different box on it, because i could hit 70mph in 2nd before i had to change gear, i was wondering if anyone knew of a box that people would slip on to the 1.3?

paul james
14-09-12, 10:09 PM
Twin 40 carbs then I take it? Is this the pretty scruffy car that had solid suspension top mounts put on the wrong way? The gearbox should be stamped on its casing with the model type, may well still be an F10.