PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5- who is getting it?

paul080803
13-09-12, 09:06 PM
As title? I am!

scott.parker
13-09-12, 09:17 PM
I'm not a fun of apple monoplosation an unless you have there stuff there not compatible etc..

phazer
13-09-12, 09:18 PM
Even if you have their stuff it's now not compatible lol what is will cost you 25-30quid for an adapter lol lol

Spudly
13-09-12, 09:23 PM
I wouldnt, not till theyve been out for a while and had all the faults and issues put to bed, i got my iPhone 4 just as the 'S' was coming out, loads of peeps warned me off, but (touches wood/head) ive had no bother with mine in over a year :thumb:

scott.parker
13-09-12, 09:24 PM
All my mates with Iphones love my S3 an they want one lol

Stuart
13-09-12, 09:26 PM
It's not 'enough' of a step for Apple... It's more a 4ss.

I'm gonna wait for the one XL or maybe a high spec win8 phone from Samsung or htc

vessey
13-09-12, 09:27 PM
I just up graded to a I phone coz everyone was banging on about them think there crap really should of stuck to the galaxy!

paul080803
13-09-12, 09:30 PM
I got a 4 day it came out, never had a problem with it! Is now well over 2 years old and out of contract.

Can sell my 4 for more than the 5 will cost me so no brainer. ok it has a different connector but that is hardly the end of the world!! Cheap Chinese connector adapters will be available in days.

Got a iPad and iOS is so stable and easy to use. Plus personal taste not a fan of android.

Southie
13-09-12, 09:43 PM
I'll be getting it as I held out from my 3GS to get one for 2 and a bit years lol

phunkynova
13-09-12, 10:02 PM
Get a life, its just a phone we lived before them and we will live after them

Southie
13-09-12, 10:06 PM
I only use my iPhone to look on this forum so without it I'd be a gonna... Yeah yeah yeah not a bad thing I know lol

Benn
13-09-12, 10:46 PM
God no. Cause see why people are in love with them. Mrs has the 3gs and it's crap, few mates have the 4 and dont think its any better than the 3, yet all of them love my HTC Desire HD.

Stuart
13-09-12, 10:47 PM
3GS is toilet. Because they killed it with software to make you upgrade lol

Benn
13-09-12, 10:50 PM
Yes it is. Everything about it is. And lots of things they say is all new has been about for ages.. Nothing stand out or special about them.

Looking at the 5, the spec doesn't look that impressive...

brainsnova
14-09-12, 01:28 AM
I like my 3GS jailbreak'd and will receive a 4 when the 5 arrives lol I've never had a problem with them

sionrow
14-09-12, 09:48 AM
i love my 4s best phone iv had

Jack
14-09-12, 11:14 AM
Dislike anything apple related tbh.

Hobbit
14-09-12, 11:23 AM
Even apple pie?

scott.parker
14-09-12, 11:33 AM
Lol good ol kiplings

Jack
14-09-12, 01:05 PM
Hmm, I do like apple pie. However if Steve Jobs had his finger in that pie (pun intended), no doubt it would be incompatible with cream and you'd need an iFork to eat it with.

Hobbit
14-09-12, 01:09 PM
And they would open a court case against the makers of apple crumble because of the similar concept that is clearly tastiyer.

Edd
14-09-12, 01:12 PM
Apple stuff is awesome IMO

I would love a iMac

Jack, have you had a iPhone before? :)

scott.parker
14-09-12, 01:15 PM
Hmm, I do like apple pie. However if Steve Jobs had his finger in that pie (pun intended), no doubt it would be incompatible with cream and you'd need an iFork to eat it with.

Lmao

Jack
14-09-12, 06:42 PM
Jack, have you had a iPhone before? :)
No, I started disliking apple stuff long before the iphone lol

It doesn't fill my requirements though tbh, but I've had plenty a play with them as a few friends have them.

Stuart
14-09-12, 06:52 PM
I've noticed it geeks love iPhones, BUT mod it geeks hate anything apple, probably because they weren't allowed to play with shiny new toys lol my dad is the same as you jack yet moans and grumbles about windoze not doing media properly at home etc lol

turbojolt
14-09-12, 07:00 PM
i would fell robbed buying one, as the iphone 5.5 will more then likely be out in 6 months lol

Stuart
14-09-12, 07:14 PM
i would fell robbed buying one, as the iphone 5.5 will more then likely be out in 6 months lol
12 months, just like most other companies....

Edd
14-09-12, 07:17 PM
Although I loved my iPhone 4, looking through the spec of the 5 tbh I think I will stick to my Galaxy S2

TeddyThom
14-09-12, 08:15 PM
I run a 4s, and I love the phone, the main competitor at the time was the s2, and that just didn't feel right in my hands, whereas the iPhone did... I shan't be getting the 5 though, gonna wait for the next version to come out in about a years time :)

steviegsi
14-09-12, 10:21 PM
I have a 4s. Compared to the s2 a mate let me play with the 4s is so much easier to use, fits nicer in my hand, and is pretty much idiot proof out of the box. I don't understand all the apple haters... They are a company out to make money.... The exhaust from my 5 series doesn't fit my nova, so BMW are obviously money grabbing cnuts too. They do nothing different to every other profitable company in the world.

These days all phones are on par with each other anyway. Phone/ texts/ email / Internet , these are the things I use, and I've found iPhones to be the easiest to use these features on.

At the end of the day it's a mobile , people get really brand loyal with these things it's ridiculous!

Edit- but no, I won't be getting a 5, as I got the 4s about 6 months ago at upgrade time. IMO no phone company will come up with a revolutionary idea, like the originional iPhone did, for years to come.

Edd
14-09-12, 10:23 PM
Apple products are so user friendly totally agree

I will switch back to a iPhone but only when it's upgrade time, not paying to upgrade, plus I'm saving for a iMac lol

brainsnova
14-09-12, 10:36 PM
Im waiting on an iPhone that can download program's from thepiratebay etc lol

turbojolt
14-09-12, 10:55 PM
my bird has the galaxy s2 and fook only knows how you find the dial pad thing'ie on it, its baffling, its got a great camera compared to my brothers iphone tho

Edd
14-09-12, 11:08 PM
Press the symbol which looks like a phone and oh look there's the dialpad :p

turbojolt
14-09-12, 11:12 PM
that just opens the phone book on hers :/

Benn
15-09-12, 08:17 AM
Apple products are so user friendly totally agree

Do what? Having to install spyware filled Itunes on everything to just look in the phones memory isn't user friendly in my eyes. Took me days to get it sorted so i could move music to the Ipod i had for a week.. I was disappointed how un-user friendly they are.

Blutooth doesn't work phone to phone... Un-friendly..

Stuart
15-09-12, 09:05 AM
Who uses Bluetooth for anything other than in car these days? Lol

iTunes is fine.....on a mac :) I know some software runs badly on intel processors if the designers like amd etc.

Lewis.
15-09-12, 12:27 PM
I'm waiting for the 5 to come out, then I can afford a 4s lol I've got a 3gs at the moment, because it was given to me by my GF's mum a when my N8 died a few months ago. I wasn't convinced by the whole iThings either, but having had/used one now, it really is a great phone, really easy to use, logical and simple. great phones :)

Jack
15-09-12, 12:28 PM
The exhaust from my 5 series doesn't fit my nova, so BMW are obviously money grabbing cnuts too
lol thats not really a fair comparison. I don't expect the screen from my N85 to fit my Desire Z lol

However I do expect both of them to plug into my computer and read files in the same way - which they do. I was given an iPood and gave up on it as I had to have all sorts of crud on my computer to get music on and off it. Heck it was free and I don't use it lol Where as my other MP3 players, and my phone, I simply plug into USB, drag/drop, done.

Benn
15-09-12, 01:19 PM
Who uses Bluetooth for anything other than in car these days? Lol

iTunes is fine.....on a mac :) I know some software runs badly on intel processors if the designers like amd etc.

True, but if you just wanna swap a pic, or file you cant... (unless you send it which costs)

MK999
15-09-12, 01:48 PM
The exhaust from my 5 series doesn't fit my nova, so BMW are obviously money grabbing cnuts too. They do nothing different to every other profitable company in the world.

If Apple made a car though it'd run on a fuel that only they could produce and cost £3/litre :p

John
15-09-12, 01:51 PM
I will be upgrading in oct I think. I was dubious about getting my 4 and I love it now (apart from home button breakage) it still looks/feels/works like its new. My mates 3 month Old s3 looks like a 2 year old phone! And it's got to go back under warranty. Still not convinced about an s3 tbh.

John
15-09-12, 01:52 PM
Plus my old phone is still worth more than the 5 will cost at upgrade time.

Lewis.
15-09-12, 04:58 PM
I was given an iPood and gave up on it as I had to have all sorts of crud on my computer to get music on and off it. Heck it was free and I don't use it lol Where as my other MP3 players, and my phone, I simply plug into USB, drag/drop, done.

not all sorts, just iTunes, which is no different to needing media player for a generic MP3 player. Also, it's hardly the ordeal you describe to put music in an iPod/iPhone lol

Just open iTunes, plug the device in and it syncs any automatically. If you've added a couple of new albums to your iTunes, it just adds those, no need to trawl through folders and drag/drop them.
No time to plug in and update? No problem, if you're connected to wi-fi, it automatically updates any new tracks when you charge it at night. Difficult? Sounds it :roll:

Stuart
15-09-12, 06:34 PM
True, but if you just wanna swap a pic, or file you cant... (unless you send it which costs)

Email, everyone has data lol

MK999
15-09-12, 06:43 PM
not all sorts, just iTunes, which is no different to needing media player for a generic MP3 player. Also, it's hardly the ordeal you describe to put music in an iPod/iPhone lol

Just open iTunes, plug the device in and it syncs any automatically. If you've added a couple of new albums to your iTunes, it just adds those, no need to trawl through folders and drag/drop them.
No time to plug in and update? No problem, if you're connected to wi-fi, it automatically updates any new tracks when you charge it at night. Difficult? Sounds it :roll:

But then you also need a player to play FLAC files in a way that doesn't sound like **** :p

Again just apple reinforcing an inferior program/product/code as something amazing that everyone MUST use!

Stuart
15-09-12, 07:08 PM
To be fair, their 'lossless' stuff isn't bad...and flax is just irritatingly big file size lol

Nova_Tek
15-09-12, 07:11 PM
It's not 'enough' of a step for Apple... It's more a 4ss.

I'm gonna wait for the one XL or maybe a high spec win8 phone from Samsung or htc

The HTC One XL is only gonna be 4G ready but there were specs of the one XL on the GSM arena that had it down as a dual core not quad. No doubt the iPhone 5 looks good and is really slim but it's just an evolution of the 4 and not something comletely different.

steviegsi
15-09-12, 07:29 PM
lol thats not really a fair comparison. I don't expect the screen from my N85 to fit my Desire Z lol

However I do expect both of them to plug into my computer and read files in the same way - which they do. I was given an iPood and gave up on it as I had to have all sorts of crud on my computer to get music on and off it. Heck it was free and I don't use it lol Where as my other MP3 players, and my phone, I simply plug into USB, drag/drop, done.

If Apple made a car though it'd run on a fuel that only they could produce and cost £3/litre :p

Fair enough, my Xbox won't play ps3 games.... Microsoft bsatards. lol

I don't know if you have the same stereotypes as what people over here have, but the Apple argument with people point blank refusing to try/rate their products, is exactly the same as the people who say that they would never drive a BMW- wangkers car etc, never tried one and fail to see that wangkers drive all sorts of cars.

MK999
15-09-12, 07:36 PM
To be fair, their 'lossless' stuff isn't bad...and flax is just irritatingly big file size lol

As a player iTunes sucks for it though! Play a flac through winamp and then iTunes and the difference is astounding.

I reckon I'd drive a BMW Stevie :p I used to use iTunes too until I realised there's better out there. I still do use it for organising tracks for Traktor use because they drag and drop with iTunes, but it's a useless player!

steviegsi
15-09-12, 07:46 PM
I know you do, but it's a similar argument.

And meh, 2 days to put all my music on laptop/iTunes.... Have I ever listened to music on my phone? Have I fcuk!

Novasport
20-09-12, 10:26 PM
Had a chuckle at this...

http://youtu.be/bJafiCKliA8

Its getting serious lol

scott.parker
20-09-12, 11:08 PM
Two of my mates who have iphone4's saw/used my .gs3 at the pub Wednesday, guess what, yep there not so keen on the iphone5 now lol

turbojolt
20-09-12, 11:10 PM
scott do you not find the s3 really really light, might sound stupid but it doesn't feel right :/

Stuart
20-09-12, 11:12 PM
Htc have revealed their winpho8 handset.... Major let down :(

Edd
20-09-12, 11:17 PM
HTC phones are utter crap IMO

Had a Sensation for a very short while, the worst ever

scott.parker
20-09-12, 11:19 PM
scott do you not find the s3 really really light, might sound stupid but it doesn't feel right :/

Yep it's mega thin and light, but mines beefed up with an retro gameboy silicone case lol

Connor
20-09-12, 11:43 PM
Nope, but i'll be on the hunt for a cheap 4 lol.

Alex J
21-09-12, 08:51 AM
fruit phones are all ****, i want a phone to ring people from, not carry my life round in my hand, everyone i know is glued to the ****ing things, facebook, ****ter! all gay!

Jack
21-09-12, 11:28 AM
The HTC One X is generally considered to be the best phones out there at the moment, so they're not all bad.

Spudly
21-09-12, 10:06 PM
Ooooh, this is interesting, just looked on my account and im eligeable to upgrade in december, think ill give it a few months for all the kinks and bugs to be worked out, then get a 5 lol

Stuart
21-09-12, 10:09 PM
The HTC One X is generally considered to be the best phones out there at the moment, so they're not all bad.

Indeedy, it's swayed my hatred of them after the htc diamond lol

paul080803
21-09-12, 10:23 PM
Picked it up today, massive improvement over a 4. Never used a 4s so can't comment on that.

Novasport
21-09-12, 10:37 PM
Indeedy, it's swayed my hatred of them after the htc diamond lol

Oooh, I had one of them. THE worst phone I have ever had the dis-pleasure of owning.

Stuart
21-09-12, 10:59 PM
Oooh, I had one of them. THE worst phone I have ever had the dis-pleasure of owning.

Seemed like a good idea at the time, oh well, live and learn lol

turbojolt
21-09-12, 11:12 PM
i had a htc desire and really liked it, took loads and loads of abuse before i finally managed to brake its screen, unfortunately unlike the i-phones when then screen got a tiny little crack it became unusable :( my brothers i-phone 4 is held together with tape and still going lol

MK999
22-09-12, 12:01 AM

Had a Sensation for a very short while, the worst ever

Just replaced my Sensation with another Sensation after getting real unlucky and catching the screen just right to shatter it, been easily the best phone I've owned.

Novasport
22-09-12, 06:13 PM
I am due for an upgrade in November and unsure what to replace my Blackberry Torch with. I have had two BB's in a row and have been impressed with the utter reliability of them and ease of use. I use the internet, email & Ebay features mostly, the camera and of course the phone. Not fussed on app's and gimicky shoit so not sure an i-Phone is for me and it's over priced anyway. Had a look at a friend G3 and it looks impressive.
I dont think there are any BB's out in the next couple of months so not sure what to go for.

phazer
24-09-12, 05:53 PM
You won't go far wrong with a GS3 especially if you've looked at one already and liked it IMHO.

krobinson
24-09-12, 06:41 PM
It's all personal preferance really.

The way I see it is, the iPhone is a BMW/Audi, and the Samsung is a Kia.

You can buy a Kia with more toys than a BMW/Audi, but it's still cheap, plasticy and made in Korea. Anyone who wants a proper quality, reliable, easy to use product with superior customer service will buy the BMW/Audi. (iPhone 5)

;-)

Benn
24-09-12, 06:49 PM
Really? ^ hahaha I've not see a 5 for real, but the 3 and 4 where plasticly and cheap looking.

Novasport
24-09-12, 07:02 PM

You can buy a Kia with more toys than a BMW/Audi, but it's still cheap, plasticy and made in Korea. Anyone who wants a proper quality, reliable, easy to use product with superior customer service will buy the BMW/Audi. (iPhone 5)

;-)

I see it more as a MINI, over priced and gimmicky toy that people buy because its the done thing that everyone else does. (Aslo thinks it's a BMW but definately is not).
There are better things out there.

John
24-09-12, 07:15 PM

;-)

I agree somewhat. It's all personal preference :)

krobinson
24-09-12, 07:50 PM
Really? ^ hahaha I've not see a 5 for real, but the 3 and 4 where plasticly and cheap looking.

The 4 was made of Glass and Alloy, so I'm pretty sure you've never held one :P

4 Glass & Alloy
http://cdn.macrumors.com/article/2011/01/13/140418-cdma_iphone_4.jpg

Samsung S2 - Glass & plastic
http://www.xda-developers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II.jpg

The 5 again is glass front, alloy back and sides, much like the ipad/macbooks.

I see it more as a MINI, over priced and gimmicky toy that people buy because its the done thing that everyone else does. (Aslo thinks it's a BMW but definately is not).
There are better things out there.

With Apple, You're paying for a quality product made with quality materials, with a reliable OS and superior customer service. Android phones could be called gimmicky, they add on as many featues as possible, many of which people will never use. They've had 4g for a year when 99% of the world has no 4g coverage for example. They've had NFC for a year also, how many shops have it? Probably less than 0.5% = useless.

A mini, is overpriced I agree. (edited, as my first comment was uber harsh lol)

Southie
24-09-12, 07:57 PM
An iPhone is only gimmicky if you make it that way by adding unneeded useless additions too it, must smartphones have the usual rubbish that's not needed these day anyway.

My phones usually just used for email, texts, Internet and phone tbh.

krobinson
24-09-12, 08:00 PM
I'd like to point out that the GS3 is a great phone, as is the iPhone 5, it's all down to personal preferance, and for me i'd rather have the better quality product, and the knowledge that I can walk into an apple store if something goes wrong and they'll fix it right away or replace it.

A friend had to send his S3 back (via o2 store) and two weeks later they wanted £175 to replace the screen as the corner of it died. Apple would have just given him a new phone.

Nick J
24-09-12, 08:07 PM
A mini, isn't a quality product, it's cheaply made and overpriced I agree.[/QUOTE]

Im afraid I strongly disagree with that........... Minis are a good quality product with a strong back up should you need it and parts are not particulary expensive either. They may not be a bmw but their better than a lot of tat out their! Price wise If buying a brand new mini I would be inclined to agree but second hand their is some bargains to be had. Our cooper s has not faultered in three years of ownership and has been one of the best cars Ive ever owned!

On the phone issue I currently have an I phone 4s and Its the best mobile Ive ever owned!

Nick.

Southie
24-09-12, 08:20 PM
Saying that btw my iPhone 3GS home screen is quite full of goodies I use very regular lol

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/1510A7C3-4C9F-4810-9908-79FE00EF2AEC-451-00000062D1BBB77B_zps2b592c52.jpg

krobinson
24-09-12, 08:32 PM
Im afraid I strongly disagree with that........... Minis are a good quality product with a strong back up should you need it and parts are not particulary expensive either. They may not be a bmw but their better than a lot of tat out their! Price wise If buying a brand new mini I would be inclined to agree but second hand their is some bargains to be had. Our cooper s has not faultered in three years of ownership and has been one of the best cars Ive ever owned!

I've edited my comment as tbh is was harsh LOL

Nick J
24-09-12, 08:37 PM
I've edited my comment as tbh is was harsh LOL

lol Its ok mate. Everyones entitled to their own opinion.

Nick.

Southie
24-09-12, 08:39 PM
What I like is that a high percentage of people who've made the best looking Novas on PNG own iPhones lol

krobinson
24-09-12, 08:42 PM
lol Its ok mate. Everyones entitled to their own opinion.

Nick.

Yeah, but I like mini's, I convince my mate to get a cooper S and almost convinced Terri to get a cooper S LOL!

Novasport
24-09-12, 09:46 PM
I am in a good place to comment on Mini's, I had to work for them aswell as BMW and I would never buy one although I would not hesitate to buy a BMW.
Anyway, I don't think we are best placed to do car comparison as most of us on here drive the equivalent of one of these lol ....

http://facultywp.ccri.edu/jkirby/files/2011/12/first-car-phone.jpg

Mike
24-09-12, 09:57 PM
LMFAO at this thread lol lol

Anyway....

The main iPhone factory is in fact, in CHINA.

Anyone educated enough to read a paper would have seen this in every morning paper this morning....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/9563637/Apple-iPhone-5-sales-overshadowed-by-riots-at-Chinese-factory.html

And just to educate, S2's S3's are not glass an plastic, there glass & aluminum main body in a black finish :thumb: the only plasticy part to main case is the back of it.

Benn
24-09-12, 09:59 PM
The 4 was made of Glass and Alloy, so I'm pretty sure you've never held one :P

4 Glass & Alloy
http://cdn.macrumors.com/article/2011/01/13/140418-cdma_iphone_4.jpg

The 5 again is glass front, alloy back and sides, much like the ipad/macbooks.

With Apple, You're paying for a quality product made with quality materials, with a reliable OS and superior customer service. Android phones could be called gimmicky, they add on as many featues as possible, many of which people will never use. They've had 4g for a year when 99% of the world has no 4g coverage for example. They've had NFC for a year also, how many shops have it? Probably less than 0.5% = useless.

My mrs has the 3gs, plastic sides and back, my mate has a 4 and i thought the back on that was plastic. Maybe it was a stick on covering he had.
I have a HTC desire HD, altho the sides around the screen are plastic, they are so small you don't really notice(i dont anyway) Yes the back is plastic, but to me that just helps keep the weight down on what could be classed a big phone. But is isn't a cheap feeling plastic. (if you get me on that)

Quality? My mrs 3gs has had the battery replaced (after a year) the replacement took 2weeks and wont fully change (using a gen Iphone charger) the ringer has stopped working and the center button is hit and miss, frezzes up all the time (have to leave it alone for a few mins i guess to reboot) My mates 4, ok he's a bit rough with phones but has a cover on it. Had to have the speaker replaced and the charging and headphone sockets replaced. Had lots of probs getting the work sorted even tho it was under 4months old

My phone, almost a year old. Never had a single prob, never frozen, nothings broken on it.

All "smart phones" are gimmicky tho. Cause people make them.

Stuart
24-09-12, 09:59 PM
IMHO the s3/htc one x/nokias ALL feel terribly cheap and tacky... But that kinda shows the money wasn't spent there but it was inside, kinda.

Mike
24-09-12, 10:02 PM
And just to add even more fuel to the fire....

Every main player continent in the world has 4G except the UK :thumb: you can even get it whilst in aircraft/flight whilst flying over New York city.

Benn
24-09-12, 10:03 PM
Uk is lagging behind like normal then^?

Mike
24-09-12, 10:04 PM
Uk is lagging behind like normal then^?

Correct.

Japan already run 200mb+ internet. Here youll get 50mb if your lucky.

Stuart
24-09-12, 10:04 PM
Uk is playing silly buggers trying to bankrupt the carriers with the bidding wars on licences. given the mass coverage of wifi I don't see huge point in 4g

Mike
24-09-12, 10:05 PM
Uk is playing silly buggers trying to bankrupt the carriers with the bidding wars on licences. given the mass coverage of wifi I don't see huge point in 4g

This 1000000000000000%

Benn
24-09-12, 10:05 PM
Correct.

Japan already run 200mb+ internet. Here youll get 50mb if your lucky.

What i was thinking, most big city's in the US has 100+

Mike
24-09-12, 10:10 PM
What i was thinking, most big city's in the US has 100+

I rest my case lol

Anyway, to me its just a phone. Ive got a S2 because it was much more keenly priced on contract tariffs (at the time) then its non phone of the year 2011 made in china alternative.

EDIT: Just to add, I droped my S2 in the bath about two weeks after getting it. Still works fine. My work college dropped his iPhone 4 in a puddle whilst lighting a fag & its not worked since lol lol

Novasport
24-09-12, 10:28 PM
It'sAnyone who wants a proper quality, reliable, easy to use product with superior customer service will buy the BMW/Audi. (iPhone 5)

If you need to use the customer service that tells me you have had problems with the phone.
BB's may not be the best product out but I have had faultless reliability from both of my handsets in the last 3 years. Neither have failed or even so much as frozen up needing a reboot in that time. Never needed to use customer care so can't comment lol

Mike
24-09-12, 10:34 PM
I dont know whats worse TBH...

Implying that Samsung customer service must be rubbish yet youve probably never ever phoned them (not that I have either) or putting Audi in the same league as BMW lol lol

As IMO Audi is miles ahead from its Bavarian counterparts.

brainsnova
24-09-12, 11:41 PM
My mate gave me his iPhone 4 after getting a 5 :d

scott.parker
25-09-12, 06:13 AM
My mate gave me his iPhone 4 after getting a 5 :d

So will you have a phone when he needs it back?

Jeff16v
25-09-12, 11:06 AM
dealing with Apple is like dealing with waitrose or John Lewis, its a old fashion principle of delivering quality products and service which many companies just don't have.

I've never has a problem with any of the apple products i've ever purchased, and i'm safe in the knowledge that they can actually make enough money to provide good customer service and repair\replace without looking at the margins.

Its popular to cuss Apple as it is also to cuss porsche boxter owners, that "couldn't afford a 911"

I've owned many HTC handsets and they work fine, but they are generally playing catchup to people like Apple. The only unfortunate thing about Apple is that it will struggle to stay on top as everyone is working to out-do them now.

I've owned a 3GS and a 4 and honestly I don't feel like I ever need to change phone manufacturer again, as it does exactly what I need it to do without adding lots of crap I don't.

Edit: yes, i'm a sheep, lol

phazer
25-09-12, 12:49 PM

;-)

Seriously? lol lol

You mean quality products where the USB plug gets stuck in the charger and the sheath comes off/wires shred when you remove it or the case dye bleeds out or...or...;) the argument doesn't hold water anymore, most other manufacturers have moved the game on. Apple stood still and litigated.

p.s Until the recent patent spat, Samsung were not only manufacturing screens for Apple but also a number of the internal chips in the iDevice portfolio. BMW outside, Kia inside?

John
25-09-12, 01:14 PM
Phazer you should see the state of my mates 4 month old s3, compared to my 2 year old iPhone. The cover is scratching badly, colour coming away. Out of the 2 you would say mine was the newer phone!

John
25-09-12, 01:15 PM
Ps my experience of apple customer service has been dire tbf.

Andy
25-09-12, 01:37 PM
So what is good now then? My contract is up for renewal tomorrow.
Dont want an ayefail as there obscene monthly rates plus a £100 down payment,so they can fukk right off.

Stuart
25-09-12, 01:43 PM
Nothing.

The Nokia Lumias are a good stab at a different way, but they are dog slow and poor quality (the speaker in the 610 I have is rattly/failing already and its only 2 months old).

I'd like Iphone case/form factor, with HTC One X processor etc with Windows Mobile8 running on it, but skinned up like a Blackberry and able to run blackberry services.

phazer
25-09-12, 03:20 PM
Stu: You might get your wish if BB license the OS - it's reckoned they'll leave the hardware market.

John: Yep, not surprised. Some people don't look after anything. My outgoing work laptop ~4 years old looks new other than keyboard wear, some in the business look 15 years old and they've only been with the people for months - all HP, all business laptops. You don't have to wrap kit in bubble wrap either, all of mine gets well used but when I'm done most of my phones still look pretty new. It says little about the quality of the kit, some people are just animals lol

Andy: Decide what you need, what features you want and who makes the nicest looking phone to you. There is no one clear leader anymore. The game has moved on, apple are just in the mix and IMO all of the other major handset manufacturers are starting to innovate and move ahead with potentially interesting features and that may well include Nokia.

Stuart
25-09-12, 03:23 PM
Just had a look at the Motorola Razr big thingy.... looks pretty damn cool with a carbon back etc. And fairly well backed up claims of 17hrs talk time!!!

Andy
25-09-12, 03:32 PM
Thats my biggest need/want-a decent battery life as im on the phone alot.I easily rack up nearly all my 1200mins a month.
Apps dont really interest me,im 27,i have the internet on my pc,i also have cars with cd players so dont need to blaze hhoooj tunnnez out on the bus/train.
nokia still produce the 3310??? lol

turbojolt
25-09-12, 03:40 PM
andy you should get the phone my work give me, battery lasts 4 days easy (with over 700 messages on it) its bleeped at me for 24hrs before asking to be charged, i left it to see how long it would keep going

ive seen it for 10 quid in asda lol NOKIA 2323 (i think)

Andy
25-09-12, 03:42 PM
My current sony ericsson i got 2years ago off them lasts 4 days being hammered easily.All sony ericcson phones i have had have been bombproof and very reliable,easy too use and good batteries and cameras.
Whats the sony xperia like?
Wouldnt be paid to have a samsung,had 3 in the past and they were all absolute sacks of sh1t.1 got sold and 2 didnt make 6 months before the screens failed,thats without any blows aswell,or water.

Mazz
25-09-12, 04:01 PM
My biggest gripe with Apple is the stupid iTunes you have to use to do anything, I had a jailbroken 3GS iirc and it was fine, apart from having to youtube how to use iTunes everytinme I wanted to do sonething, its so pointlessly overly complicated

Stuart
25-09-12, 04:35 PM
My biggest gripe with Apple is the stupid iTunes you have to use to do anything, I had a jailbroken 3GS iirc and it was fine, apart from having to youtube how to use iTunes everytinme I wanted to do sonething, its so pointlessly overly complicated

to me itunes feels easier to setup/use than windows media centre etc.. The only thing I had issues with was creating a ringtone from a track and that was solved in about 4 steps from an online guide lol
Granted iTunes runs like a bag of nails on a non mac machine, but other than that its not 'hard' to use like lots of people claim.

Andy
25-09-12, 05:25 PM
ringtones from tunes,again,not fussed about that.lol
Although i once had the sweeney theme lol

Benn
25-09-12, 05:56 PM
Apps dont really interest me,im 27,

Your only 27?

Andy
25-09-12, 09:28 PM
Yes,so because i dont like nonsing round with phones you thought i was/should be older? lol

Novasport
25-09-12, 09:30 PM
andy you should get the phone my work give me, battery lasts 4 days easy (with over 700 messages on it) its bleeped at me for 24hrs before asking to be charged, i left it to see how long it would keep going

ive seen it for 10 quid in asda lol NOKIA 2323 (i think)

Nokia 6310i had an amazing battery life, you couldn't kill them things. Ah the good old days when a phone was just a phone. Bluetooth was the most advanced thing on that lol

Southie
25-09-12, 09:31 PM
iTunes is pi55 easy to use, I don't see the problem!!!

All the iPhone updates can be done via your phone when on wifi, my 3GS is 2 and a half years old and has the latest software on it and still works without any issues :roll:

brainsnova
25-09-12, 10:11 PM
So will you have a phone when he needs it back?

I'll still have my 3GS he gave me lol

Benn
26-09-12, 07:53 AM
Yes,so because i dont like nonsing round with phones you thought i was/should be older? lol

No, it was all your other posts that gave the impression...lol

Benn
26-09-12, 07:54 AM
iTunes is pi55 easy to use, I don't see the problem!!!:

Full of spyware, not the easiest to just use of the bat, what's up with drag and drop?

blue_peg_16v
26-09-12, 08:30 AM
I'll be getting one January when my contract is up

Edd
26-09-12, 08:49 AM
95% of people who slate iPhones have never used one

Stuart
26-09-12, 08:59 AM
Full of spyware, not the easiest to just use of the bat, what's up with drag and drop?

What spyware is in it? (I appreciate its got stuff that tracks your music/video use with the pretend covers of Ping and Genius)

Southie
26-09-12, 11:26 AM
That's because you own a PC, not an iTunes problem really... also you just make individual music folders and drag those and sync them to the phone.

burgo
26-09-12, 02:19 PM
S3 ftw! FACT

Benn
26-09-12, 05:16 PM
That's because you own a PC, not an iTunes problem really... also you just make individual music folders and drag those and sync them to the phone.

Its Itunes that full of it. I thought everyone knew that.

What spyware is in it? (I appreciate its got stuff that tracks your music/video use with the pretend covers of Ping and Genius)

Off hand i cant say, i only had it on my pc for a day and it was a few years ago. But there (might now be was) loads of posts and threads on forums over it.

Mike
26-09-12, 05:42 PM
also you just make individual music folders and drag those and sync them to the phone.

Oh yeah because thats fcuking well easy for people with real jobs as oppose to sitting infront of VDU all day lol lol

Keep it simple, drag & drop. Its the future.

Southie
26-09-12, 05:53 PM
Oh yeah because thats fcuking well easy for people with real jobs as oppose to sitting infront of VDU all day lol lol

Errr it's easy, you'd already have the album on your computer anyway so all your doing is transferring it to iTunes to use on your phone. It's hardly sitting in front of a computer all day lol

Benn
26-09-12, 07:42 PM
But! I found any song that say has two people on it/credited on it Itunes spilt it in to different folders... That was the final straw for me.

phazer
26-09-12, 08:06 PM
But! I found any song that say has two people on it/credited on it Itunes spilt it in to different folders... That was the final straw for me.

As shonky as iTunes is on a PC, this is just a config option. In preferences you can switch off itunes management of folders, when I've had to use it in the past I set this and then fed it all of my existing MP3's, no changes :)

Some say iTunes is better on the Mac as a little persuader to move to Apple PCs/Macbooks...

phazer
26-09-12, 08:08 PM
95% of people who slate iPhones have never used one

100% of Apple fanbois are incapable of objectively assessing kit from any other manufacturer :p

Mike
26-09-12, 08:15 PM
100% of Apple fanbois are incapable of objectively assessing kit from any other manufacturer :p

This I will agree with.

I do often lol out loud when I go past the Apple store in Birmingham & its packed with people staring blankly at the computer screens as they realise theyve just put there phone back to factory settings lol lol lol

Benn
26-09-12, 08:32 PM
As shonky as iTunes is on a PC, this is just a config option. In preferences you can switch off itunes management of folders, when I've had to use it in the past I set this and then fed it all of my existing MP3's, no changes :)

Some say iTunes is better on the Mac as a little persuader to move to Apple PCs/Macbooks...

I found that out after selling my Ipod...lol

phazer
26-09-12, 08:39 PM
I found that out after selling my Ipod...lol

Ahhh lol

Edd
26-09-12, 09:24 PM

I had a 3G, 3GS then a iPhone 4

I now have a S2, but I have to say it's no way near as good as a 4, feels plastic, android is crap and overcomplicated IMO, much prefer the feel of the iPhone to use and hold

Mike
26-09-12, 09:29 PM
much prefer the feel of the none phone of the year 2011 to use and hold

Edited for truths....

Southie
26-09-12, 09:52 PM

This is where the apple argument stems from though, I'm a guy who uses apple products on a daily basis and have been doing for 18 years... I also use several PC's within our company and tbh they're slower and less productive when needed for a similar design/outputting jobs, whether it being litho printing or the sublimation side [which is PC based]... I work in the print/design industry so see plenty of people thinking that apple products are "geeky" but when said people understand the simplicity of an apple product they sort of understand where I'm coming from.

Basically if you've used a apple computer then you'll understand the simpicity of it tbh.

scott.parker
26-09-12, 10:53 PM
Lol been to the pub tonight with a guy who knows loads about phones as he sells them in bulk for one of his incomes ( bit of an business man etc)
He said he's also got the Samsung S3 as it's got the best most powerful processors, best hd screen an best compatibility with lots of hardware eg Sony and software, he said apple is good but there monopoly of there brand is just stupid and most who buy into it do so for the name and post melinia yuppies have to have one to keep up with tarquin on the next desk!

Truth if I ever heard it..

Stuart
26-09-12, 11:22 PM
This is where the apple argument stems from though, I'm a guy who uses apple products on a daily basis and have been doing for 18 years... I also use several PC's within our company and tbh they're slower and less productive when needed for a similar design/outputting jobs, whether it being litho printing or the sublimation side [which is PC based]... I work in the print/design industry so see plenty of people thinking that apple products are "geeky" but when said people understand the simplicity of an apple product they sort of understand where I'm coming from.

Basically if you've used a apple computer then you'll understand the simpicity of it tbh.

I use macs day in day out (and am using my Xmas bonus iPad as I type this) but I just don't 100% get the iPhone.... The os seems to be perfectly suited to the iPad but when I nick the wife's iPhone 4 it just seems all kinds of wrong lol.

I'm sure ill wind up with a 5 as hats what work want, but I've been looking at the lg's, motorolas etc of the android world recently other than the big two and I'm impressed with the paper specs of all these devices. Maybe I should get a 3G unit for my raspberry pi and build my own phone lmao

Southie
27-09-12, 08:14 AM
I use macs day in day out (and am using my Xmas bonus iPad as I type this) but I just don't 100% get the iPhone.... The os seems to be perfectly suited to the iPad but when I nick the wife's iPhone 4 it just seems all kinds of wrong lol.

The iPad stem's from the iPhone though; so everything was tried and tested on the iPhone first... basically all the silly apps and programs that were too small on the iPhone are spot on on an iPad lol

phazer
27-09-12, 01:16 PM

Kind of proving my point though lol you use apple kit and have done for years so anything strange is not as good, same applies to PC users in reverse. For me I have to write software for whatever device(s) the business wants to use so prefer to be agnostic. Assessing kit in front of you on a fit for purpose basis tends to cut through shiny marketing.

For personal use I'll choose whatever from whoever at that point that best suits my current needs/wants. It seems rare these days but if a product I've bought is crap or has some not so good bits I'll say so, I've no need to defend the reasons I bought something.

FWIW I've never understood the blind alliegence to one company or another, it's a f'kin business out to make money at the end of the day, they are not your mate.

Southie
02-10-12, 12:45 PM

Here you go Mike... should cheer you up no end lol CLICKYMEEE (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?190780-iPhone-iPod-or-iPad-Drag-and-Drop-app-instead-of-iTunes)