PDA

View Full Version : build it up slowly or all together

novalew
09-09-12, 08:04 PM
i am starting to accumulate alot of parts for my project now, but as it is all been done on my drive although it does have a cover i dont know wether to bolt things together such as brakes, coilovers, converted rear beam etc etc or leave all till its all complete. Problem being i'm running out of space!!!

the plan is the car will be a moderately tuned let and with the fam and upcoming wedding i'm looking at biliing 2014 to have it ready.

opinions?

Spudly
09-09-12, 09:09 PM
Build it up slowly, you will find yourself waiting and saving for the best bits and the parts you want may/will come up over time and you will find you produce a car of a much higher standard than the one you will have/could potentially have if you wait, im basing this on my original theory that id wouldve had mine up and running in a weekend, a year later and id swapped the original dampers and lowered springs, for a set of coilovers, uprated dampers and custom rear springs, the cesaros with budget tyres, for a set of speedlines with kumho kh11's, the makeshift exhaust for a full powerflow, the chance of cut down home made hoses for a full set of proper roose motorsport silicone hoses....

The list goes on, but if i had just cobbled it together with what i had to hand, it wouldnt be half the spec, and such a head turner (blowing my own trumpet here) as it is now!

Hope that makes sense as ive been on the sauce for five hours now lol

mowgli
09-09-12, 09:20 PM
all i can advise is that if it is stored on your drive, that you only fit what you are prepared to let someone nick.

pikeys will remove a car if they think they can get away with it, as will local councils..

get everything together that you need, then take some time off work & build it up..

my red mk1 was off the road for something daft like 7 or 8 years, then finally in 1 week, i got it built up & mot'ed & drove it to nats 2

paul080803
09-09-12, 09:27 PM
I build up the parts needed then do a section at a time. That way you don't have areas unfinished

novalew
09-09-12, 09:57 PM
cheers guys, i think your right, i suppose i was worried about some components just sat there not been good for them