PDA

View Full Version : Fcuk Me!

so1o
05-08-03, 04:23 PM
Im 21, been driving for less then a year, own a valver.

How the fcuk do i get myself insured?

Any scams, tricks, second driver with my dad, is there any way?

I read the other topic : - "this will pis* u off........."

"I got an insurance quote today for a 2.0litre 16 valve nova
ok I'm 18, had my licence 3 months, I've got 3 points for speeding, live in a high crime rate area (luton), car garaged.
!!!!FULLY COMP!!!!
?832"

How the hell did he/you get this quote???
Only difference between me and him is, im 21, no points, and been driving for 9 months, cars garged aswell when i spoke to that company.
By the way i live in Luton to.

Ben (lurk75)
05-08-03, 04:26 PM
Even before i start looking at cars i want i get as many quotes as i can, must be crazy to just buy a car and worry about it later- or made of money!

so1o
05-08-03, 05:03 PM
lol, good point, any help to do with the topic?

Tilly
05-08-03, 05:05 PM
get ur mum and dad to insure it put u on it maybe as second driver

or sell it and get smaller engine

Jim
05-08-03, 05:15 PM
9 months driving experience and you're driving a 160+ BHP Car...How else did you think Insurance companies would react? Makes me laugh the number of young/inexperienced drivers that want fast cars yet don't think about insurance or the risk's that there taking.

Personnaly I don't think young/inexperienced drivers should be allowed to be insured on cars over a certain BHP, but thats just my old fuddy duddy way of thinking :roll:

Jim

Jules
05-08-03, 05:17 PM
Agreed ^^^^

Seen too many fast cars written off by youngsters, sorry but the stereotype young driver thing is true.

:roll:

Ben (lurk75)
05-08-03, 05:27 PM
Sorry i agree too...

If you start with smaller engine/power cars then you appreciate it a lot more when you get to that stage.

Where are you going to go next?

jkhilton
05-08-03, 05:31 PM
Personnaly I don't think young/inexperienced drivers should be allowed to be insured on cars over a certain BHP, but thats just my old fuddy duddy way of thinking :roll:

Jim

that doesn't nescessarily mean anything though. My Megane RT is 100bhp and it is slow as fcuk!!! and yet you can get a mini cooper with similar power that is much faster and cheaper to insure.

I think they would have to do something along the lines of what insurance group the car is and limited modifications for younger drivers

John

Jim
05-08-03, 05:40 PM
that doesn't nescessarily mean anything though. My Megane RT is 100bhp and it is slow as fcuk!!! and yet you can get a mini cooper with similar power that is much faster and cheaper to insure.

I think they would have to do something along the lines of what insurance group the car is and limited modifications for younger drivers

John

Who are ya, Who are ya, who are ya? :P

There would have to be some sort of table to calculate the results. Power to weight Ratio, insurance group, BHP, etc.

Now clear off you "Old mans car" driver and reply to my PM :P

Jim

djp_y2k
05-08-03, 05:41 PM
LOL. I usually find out about the insurance after buying the car.

Not the best thing to do, trust me.

A lad I know, had a 1.4 fezzy, then a 1.8 8v nova, then a 2.0l 16v nova, then put carbs etc on it (running about (220bhp), blew it up and now owns a Mk2 astra 2.0l turbo.

All before he was 19.

Bloody bastard. Im 21 and own a piece of slow sh*t on wheels :evil:

so1o
05-08-03, 05:42 PM
im gratefulful for the all the replies really i am but anyone gonna try an awnser the damn question?

apart from tilly, thanks, will try that. sell it no way

im 21 years young as you say right, inexperienced, ive been driving for 8-9 years now cut the crap people i know it opinions but that doesnt really help me in any way, can u actually help me or recommend a compnay i can try?

Tilly
05-08-03, 05:42 PM
that car is no piece of shit

so1o
05-08-03, 05:45 PM
lol if he calls that shit what hope is there for us?

how did your mate get insured?????

Jim
05-08-03, 06:01 PM
Sigh...my kind streak overcomes my old fuddy duddy way of thinking... :roll:

Flick through the back of Max Power, Fast Car, etc and look for insurance companies that will insure young drivers. Phone up each company and bounce quotes of them to get the best deal. Try doing limited mileage on your policy (should lower insurance). Try and get some security on your car, Disklock, thatcham approved security.

Other than that try getting insured under your parents name, only down side is you wont build up any no claims until you take out your own insurance.

Jim

Paul
05-08-03, 06:03 PM
Saw ur car in Revs Dan. Small piccie down the bottom of the page. Very sweet. Erm, if uv been driving 8-9 years and ur 21, that would mean u started when ur 12-13 years Novaaa.

U'll prolly be very luckt to get insured on a 2.0 16v nova with that little experience try again when u have built up 1yrs NCB.

Jim
05-08-03, 06:26 PM
Erm, if uv been driving 8-9 years and ur 21, that would mean u started when ur 12-13 years Novaaa.

Think he meant 8-9 months.

Jim

Paul
05-08-03, 10:34 PM
I know that. Just messin. :lol:

Chris LR
05-08-03, 11:55 PM
I've always said that an SR is enough for new drivers. I drove it from passing my test and had a couple of close calls and one very very minor scrape (?200). Any more than 72bhp is too much more...

LoudandProud
06-08-03, 02:23 AM
All these replies i have seen are a bunch of bollox to be fair, my first car was a 138 bhp corsa gsi and was rather fast but did i crash it due to recless driving............... NO! had a woman pull out in the wet and i only just nudged her wasnt my driving and i dont think its down to all young drivers its individual driving exp, i see old people in big cars n there dodgy as fook, so maybe other peeps should be looked at aswell as newer drivers just cos of there rep dont mean its true.

?Marty?
06-08-03, 02:33 AM
There are exceptions to every rule.

I am exceptionally well endowed, for example.

The majority of crashes are made within the first two years of driving. I've been driving for 5 years, and have not even had a nudge.

(Bollox, bet i write it off now, after tempting fate)

so1o
06-08-03, 05:53 AM
i have been driving since 13-14 years old with the aid of a cushion to see over the steering wheel.

If i remember correctly i learnt to drive on an astra gte so, nope valver hasnt to much power and yes i have the experience, will try loads of companies.

Thanks