PDA

View Full Version : reg plate help

richi
06-09-12, 11:13 AM
Just after some help my dad has had his car stolen last night, went to police to report and does not no his reg plate and does not know where his log book is, tried ringing dvla but they rather don't pick up or the automated serivice nevers gives the correct options, any help please thaks

Jack
06-09-12, 01:15 PM
If you can't find the V5, good luck as the police will probably want that as proof of your dad being the registered keeper. They may have been able to contact the DVLA themselves, but if you can't remember the reg thats no help - in fact its probably made them suspicious of the whole situation tbh.

Try going to the local DVLA office in person. They should be able to help you over the counter, even if its just to advise what number/option you should be calling.

No servicing receipts, MOT info etc that has the reg plate and/or your dad's name on?

Nova-nation
06-09-12, 01:29 PM
Find your insurance documents, they'll know it.

richi
06-09-12, 01:48 PM
He has zero paper work for anything they where all in the car, I know it does sound dodgy lol, just was hoping we could ring up with my dads name address etc and would be able to do it, not to worry I will try harder tonight to find the dvla number thanks for help

Southie
06-09-12, 01:51 PM
He must know who insures him?

SimonTW
06-09-12, 02:07 PM
You sure it was stolen and he just hasn't left it somewhere and forgot where he put it?

Will F
06-09-12, 03:01 PM
You sure it was stolen and he just hasn't left it somewhere and forgot where he put it?

lol brilliant

rubachuk
06-09-12, 05:00 PM
What was it? I'm local so will keep my eyes peeled.

You do know the make and colour I assume?

Mike
06-09-12, 05:35 PM
He has zero paper work for anything they where all in the car, I know it does sound dodgy lol, just was hoping we could ring up with my dads name address etc and would be able to do it, not to worry I will try harder tonight to find the dvla number thanks for help

Phone your insurance broker and ask them.

richi
06-09-12, 05:42 PM

haha we found out who he was insured with rang them and sorted it out that way and i know he is rubbished, its been recovered from a council estate parked outside the guys house who stole it lol,

Mike
06-09-12, 06:59 PM
its been recovered from a council estate parked outside the guys house who stole it lol,

FLOL what an idiot.

Jack
06-09-12, 07:16 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/22LD/best-thread-ever/image.png