PDA

View Full Version : 1.7td in to nova petrol

michael squeak
05-09-12, 03:26 PM
now im sure this has been asked a million times but ill ask once more so i can get all the info i need.

ive got a c20 xe nova thats had the engine removed and i plan on fitting the isuzu engine from the cav

ive got the whole car to take what i need,

now first thing is mounts, i no the drivers top mount is different, and ideallly i need a td nova one but these are hard to find, so can something be made up or is there a clearence issue here etc??

also do the other mounts fit the same as the xe?
and xe shafts?

as for removing the engine from the cav, ill need the engine loom and ecu, is there anything else ill need before i weight the shell in?

thanks mike

davidfox280585
05-09-12, 04:35 PM
all the mounts will be the same though you can fab a mount to run off your old nova top mount to the power steering pump holes on the td head,
use the 17td gearbox and reuse the xe conversion shafts and mounts,
cav or astra td all you really need to do is keep the charge loom from the cav and everything else is similar to a xe,just feeds to the clocks for coolant oil pressure,
isuzus dont have an ecu mate,
find some diesel nova clocks as the rev counters fun off different feeds(well they do on ford dervs)

hope this helps

Jon_nova1
05-09-12, 05:56 PM
i did this on my old Nova, ran an F28 with the 1.7TD

As said, the top mount is different, i just fabbed a mount to fit onto the power steering bracket and petrol mount, the only annoying part is changing belts/water pump etc

you will also need the smaller alternater and a starter to fit whatever set up you have, be very wary of the bottom hose on the alternater, i killed my first engine because the fins went straight through the pipe.

Also take the radiater/pipes etc

If you have a rev counter it will read wrong unless its a deisel counter

If you can't get a top mount fabricated pm me, i do mobile welding and i'm only in Flint

michael squeak
09-11-12, 09:19 PM
when you say water pump / belts. does that mean ive got to change the pump? or lathe down the pulleys as ive got 2?

also the aternator and starter motor? do these need changing for cleraence?

thanks mike

Rickyb
10-11-12, 03:07 PM
im also very interested in this as i want to do it to my jplate spin to get away from all the overdone xe crap lol.
rick

Count Vaux Alot
10-11-12, 10:51 PM
I would love to have another got at this too

michael squeak
06-12-12, 08:33 PM
Actually got of my ars3 to do this, will let you guys no what problems I run in too , cheers for advice