PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good bodyshop in Bristol/Avon/Somerset area?

pierskittel
05-08-03, 02:04 PM
Hello all

Due to rust forming on my passengers side door despite having being resprayed a year ago, although it was caused by a stone chip, I would like to fix it before it gets any worse and end up like it looked like before the respray, I want to go to a bodyshop to get it fixed. So went to the local Vauxhall garage for a quote, and they said ?200 exc vat just to fix a little surface rust. So I'm going elsewhere to find out more quotes - so do you know of any decent bodyshop in the Bristol/Avon/Somerset and surrounding area? I'm more worried about quality over price.

Thanks very much for your help in advance

Cheers - Piers

Ben (lurk75)
05-08-03, 05:09 PM
Piers,

There are various places i could recommend but i dont think any would take on repairing a Nova door as once they start its virtually impossible to stop.

What part of Bristol you based in as then can tell you the closet to you.

Ben

pierskittel
05-08-03, 05:34 PM
Ugh, its only surface rust, its not really noticeable, very hard to see, but only can just feel it bubbling under the surface. Its a brand new door too, so you can see why I'm not too happy ;)

I'm located in the middle of nowhere south of Whitchurch (southmost part of Bristol) and north of Midsomer Norton just off the A37. Distance doesn't really matter much to me.

Thanks very much for your help :)

Cheers - Piers

Ben (lurk75)
05-08-03, 05:41 PM
There is an excellent bodyshop on Novers Hill In Knowle, i have never had any work done there but they sprayed my friends Cosworth and done it very very well.

pierskittel
11-08-03, 09:39 AM
Excellent! Thanks very much for your help - will go and see them soon.

Cheers - Piers

pierskittel
11-08-03, 09:41 AM
Sorry to make a double post, but do you know of the name of the bodyshop? If not, at least the postcode?

Cheers again - Piers

Ben (lurk75)
11-08-03, 09:56 AM
Sorry i dont.