PDA

View Full Version : new or old members

jaywalker
05-09-12, 12:42 PM
hi everyone, i dont like to mention this but im going to as i want a response., im not all clued up about novas and this is why i joined the forum and pay my subscription every year to actually get a bit of advice from people who know there stuff & granted you really know your stuff, i have acquired a hell of a lot of nova parts that i have no idea of worth or what nova model they are actually from
when i first asked the question the thread got removed for infringement of site rules, how are we supposed to learn about anything if we cant get the answers. i would of gladly sold all my items to you guys but how can i put up pics and prices if i dont know what they are worth? its like someone giving me a sport with 0 miles on the clock and i sell it for £100, there are a few people on here who have helped me and i thank them as you know who you are, no doubt this will get removed as well for whatever reason. anyway rant over. and thanks for all the advice over the years!!:thumb:

Hobbit
05-09-12, 12:52 PM
I'm guessing the thread was removed as it was a what's it worth thread, which is clearly banned as per form rules. Rules that you agreed to when you joined the site....

Its not hard to put prices on things, just look through old threads and see what things have previously sold for.

jaywalker
05-09-12, 12:57 PM
but if you dont know what they are in the first place then how can you search for the prices? i havent got the odd part here, ive got a whole garage floor to ceiling of parts, i have a filing cabinet full of keys n locks

jaywalker
05-09-12, 12:59 PM
could you tell me what this is from please?
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/jay5706/nova%20parts/DSCF0130.jpg

paul080803
05-09-12, 12:59 PM
The rules clearly state no what is it worth threads, that is why it gets removed.

Best bet is to do a little research across vauxhall forums, ebay etc for a guide on price.

Ultimately though sell it for what you are happy with, you must know what the part 'owes' you so you can go from there. Or price it at what you would be happy to pay for it.

Hobbit
05-09-12, 01:02 PM
Ok I found said thread, you weren't asking what things were, you were asking what things were worth. Two totally different things . Also if you have bought a job lot of parts purely to make a profit on here, you will need to contact Lee about a trader account. :thumb:

Southie
05-09-12, 01:03 PM
They're standard MK1 clocks.

jaywalker
05-09-12, 01:12 PM
ok thanks, are the clocks from any mk1 nova? yeah will do a bit of research on ebay but the prices are really over priced i mean £30 delivered for 1 mk2 headlight, i dont know much about a trader account tbh as i didnt know they existed, and i havent just bought them to make profit, they guy was going to bin them as he wanted the room, i just feel a little bit out of my league and wanted some advice thats all,

Jon_nova1
05-09-12, 06:00 PM
You could always ask if its allowed in club chat or something? i personally think you have quite a good query, its either that or put £1000 or best offers lol

jaywalker
05-09-12, 06:33 PM
yeah i have an antibes trim for sale a grand or offers lol

DAFTJOHN
05-09-12, 09:27 PM
Agree with you mate, it may be the rules but lets change them and help folk out who want some info on parts pricing. Can't see the damage in it. There are folk on here with good knowledge and you can take a view of all their input and then set a price that suits the market....and let's face it it's mostly folk on here that drive the nova market!

jaywalker
05-09-12, 09:55 PM
couldnt of put it better myself, even put a thread together and maybe set a guideline on parts so that nobody take the piss with pricing or the latter and get the piss took out of them, is this site not for nova drivers? then im sure that isnt it us that actually can do something about it and ask why these and who has actually agreed these rules as it seems to me that this is what everyone could do with, and tbh is it not worth everybodys while and surely as a "group" when can ask for this to be changed or modified so the new and old nova owners havent got to be forced like me to put every item on fleebay and get ripped off with fees, and realisticly im sure most of the 30 + watchers on all my stuff are probably of here anyway????!!!! seems a shame but hey what do i know ;-(