PDA

View Full Version : NOVALOAD DOWN TIME

wisewood
05-08-03, 01:33 PM
Many of you may have noticed that there was the following error message:

PHPBB Critical Error:
Unable to create new session.

This is a fault in the forum software we use for the site, and as kev is away at the moment there is little we can do to fix it properly until he returns at the end of the week.

I have been in touch with the hosts all morning and have managed to get them to fix the problem for me after much persuasion that I was not after any account details and that I do kow the owner of the site.

Should this happen again I will aim to get it sorted as quickly as possible.

bfuller
05-08-03, 02:01 PM
Good Work.

ive been bored at work all morning :lol:

wisewood
05-08-03, 02:09 PM
i've been dead busy all morning so kinda glad its been down really :lol:

mikeoxford
05-08-03, 02:27 PM
well done woodworm :twisted:

wisewood
05-08-03, 02:30 PM
Go on - keep insulting me - i can always email the hosts and ask them to undo what they just fixed you know :lol:

mikeoxford
05-08-03, 02:32 PM
Go on - keep insulting me - i can always email the hosts and ask them to undo what they just fixed you know :lol:

and then get a kick in the nads from kev for bringing down NL purposely ;) and handing down the reign of moderator to the likes of neil :D (n0va) sure he would love that!!!!!!!

Ste_Nova
05-08-03, 02:34 PM
where has kev gone?

he has a good laptop now and can connect to the net anywere over his mobile?

wisewood
05-08-03, 02:45 PM
he is off doing his MCSE thing in Manchester i think he said.

so cant just drop everything to come to our rescue this week :lol: but no matter - tis sorted now - although we do need the latest version of the software to fix that bug or its gonna keep happening more and more.

Tilly
05-08-03, 04:26 PM
well done woody

Mark
05-08-03, 05:25 PM
Yes, well done, at least it's back on now! :D

Ben (lurk75)
05-08-03, 05:50 PM
Was damn annoying :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nova-Boy
05-08-03, 10:57 PM
I noticed last night too. Why did it happen?? What coursed it?

mikeoxford
05-08-03, 11:05 PM
This is a fault in the forum software we use for the site

Dave
05-08-03, 11:41 PM
thank god it's back up an runnin been confused an bored all day!

dave.gsi
05-08-03, 11:55 PM
still doesn't seem right, keeps crashing and this page cannot be displayed etc?

Chris LR
05-08-03, 11:59 PM
Yeah know what u mean, keep getting pestered by this 'little' man

:wisewood:

brian
06-08-03, 12:20 AM
good that its sorted. i was all over the shop without it! forgot to eat and wouldn't wash myself or anythin!! :o :lol:

Neil.
06-08-03, 12:47 AM
how did i dragged into this mike, and why would it get handed down to me? im lost :?

mikeoxford
06-08-03, 10:27 AM
how did i dragged into this mike, and why would it get handed down to me? im lost :?

dont worry yourself!!!

LOL

i was just saying that if wisewood did sommat to harm NL on purpose he would probly get booted by kev

and the position would be free and you could fill it :twisted:

wisewood
06-08-03, 10:39 AM
the "page cannot be displayed" errors i have no idea whats causing them - there are no problems here at my end of the tinternet.

Basically what happened was this:

When each person starts using the site a "session" is started to keep you logged in and remember which bits you've already looked at etc.

For some reason it stopped deleting old sessions and the sessions table in the database got full and thats why it said it couldnt create a new session on the error message. Kev is up to date with what happened and is gonna look into it when he gets back. :D

and Neil - dont worry yourself mate, you'll never be admin :lol:

Fester
06-08-03, 10:42 AM
nice1 sid we woo