PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 8v Turbo

Jayz Nova
04-09-12, 08:39 PM
Remember seeing a project on here what someone did, but cant find it, I'm really thinking of banging a turbo on the 1.2, saw on a thread before there good for forced induction.Jay

Southie
04-09-12, 08:45 PM
Technicalsteve is the one you remember, it was a homemade effort so good luck if you want to have a crack at it.
CLICKME (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?119791-My-first-ever-nova-1.2-turbo-(standard-engine-with-a-turbo-slapped-on)&)

mowgli
04-09-12, 08:47 PM
a 1.2 spi is not good for anything much....the head is hardly a performance design, its meant for economy.....

you will get one to fit, its just a case of getting the manifolds & pipes & oil feed to work, then work out how to sort out a decent fuel & ign map to stop it blowing up.

the main problem is that you'll spend at least a grand to make it give you 100hp if you are lucky, and you can get more than that from a stock 1600.

the insurance will raddle you too...

Stuart
04-09-12, 08:50 PM
I recon 150bhp should be achievable, granted that would be a 'done right' build not a bodge.
A bodge build might muster 110ish.

1.6 8v head to drop the cr.

Jayz Nova
04-09-12, 08:52 PM
a 1.2 spi is not good for anything much....the head is hardly a performance design, its meant for economy.....

you will get one to fit, its just a case of getting the manifolds & pipes & oil feed to work, then work out how to sort out a decent fuel & ign map to stop it blowing up.

the main problem is that you'll spend at least a grand to make it give you 100hp if you are lucky, and you can get more than that from a stock 1600.

the insurance will raddle you too...

Fair enough, think I'll stick with a 1.6T

Jayz Nova
04-09-12, 08:54 PM
I recon 150bhp should be achievable, granted that would be a 'done right' build not a bodge.
A bodge build might muster 110ish.

1.6 8v head to drop the cr.

I was going to do it right, I was thinking of getting another 1.2 lump to rebuild with a forged bottom end

Stuart
04-09-12, 08:57 PM
You need to ask yourself why and will you be happy with that....

IMHO you don't need to go mental with the bottom end as you won't be revving it hard.