PDA

View Full Version : Nova battery Tray - Rain Water

Markd89
01-09-12, 08:12 PM
Is there a way to prevent the water from gathering in the battery tray and rotting it through ? im going to be replacing mine and i dont want the same thing happening again.

what have people done to prevent it ?

:thumb:

Spudly
01-09-12, 08:27 PM
Clean it out regularly, drive the car regularly, simple answers, but if the car isnt left with water standing in there (i.e. driven / has the water shaken out of there regularly) then it cant sit and rot it through, and also if leafy crap/mud isnt left to build up, then water will not be retained and it wont slowly eat through the tray, sounds silly obvious but as long as its painted properly and sealed then thats all you can do!

Benn
01-09-12, 08:28 PM
keep it clean and well waxed.

Markd89
01-09-12, 08:30 PM
i thought as much, just wasnt sure if someone had made some sort of plastic drainer for the water to go down the inner wing, like you said i will seam sealer it and make sure it doesnt store any water it will be fine , hopefully.

Benn
01-09-12, 08:34 PM
Make sure when you seal it the water can still run away nicely.. No ridges or anything..

Lewis.
02-09-12, 07:21 AM
I looked at making a pair of plastic/thin ally trays to fit beneath the scuttle panel vents, to catch all the water, then have a pipe from each through the drain hole and down to the floor, to keep it completely dry. the plan is currently queued behind numerous other tasks lol

Paul
02-09-12, 07:45 AM
Glue it in at a slight angle so water runs downhill to the drain hole in the wing.

Jack
02-09-12, 12:48 PM
I looked at making a pair of plastic/thin ally trays to fit beneath the scuttle panel vents, to catch all the water, then have a pipe from each through the drain hole and down to the floor, to keep it completely dry. the plan is currently queued behind numerous other tasks lol

Problem with that is it will stop your vents in the car from getting fresh air.

Does the battery not sit on a plastic drain tray anyway? Mine does, has a large plastic tray with a long arm that reaches down to the drain hole

MK999
02-09-12, 12:59 PM
Problem with that is it will stop your vents in the car from getting fresh air.

Does the battery not sit on a plastic drain tray anyway? Mine does, has a large plastic tray with a long arm that reaches down to the drain hole

That's more battery acid issues than water though I think, there's a drain channel underneath all of that for water.

Mieran
02-09-12, 01:05 PM
clear wax oil