PDA

View Full Version : Cat advice

corsasportuk
30-08-12, 12:31 AM
Hi all i have a september registered nova 1.4 sr was a late registered one but as it stands i bought it engineless and have now fitted and injection engine.would this car have required a catalytic convertor as standard?

mowgli
30-08-12, 07:59 AM
what reg is it??

what reg car did the engine come out of?

Asa-James
30-08-12, 08:00 AM
What is the full date of registration? And do you know the age of the car the engine is out of?

Edit - CURSE YOU MOWGLIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

mowgli
30-08-12, 08:06 AM
should have got up earlier there ASA lol lol

Jack
30-08-12, 10:48 AM
Technically, its an SR so wouldn't have had a cat - so the 'needs one if fitted from factory' rule is negated. Might have to take a BET test though if its date of first registration was after August 1992 (surely this would have cropped up in previous MOTs with the standard engine in). I'm sure there are other carb'd SR's out there on K plates, they must have to take a BET on the MOT?

HOWEVER... lol

What engine is going in? If its older then you're Ok but may have to prove the engine age. Or you could just convince the MOT tester to put it through as a custom build lol

corsasportuk
30-08-12, 11:08 AM
Hi all thanks for the reolys my nova is on a k reg registeres on 05/09/1992 the engine i have put in is oit of a j registered mk3 astra?wat is a BET test?thanks