PDA

View Full Version : Short Term Insurance, Insurance Scams

Rza_2002
04-08-03, 02:57 PM
in 26 Days MY Insurance comes down by upto ?300 (19th Birthday) .... but i need to be driving as soon as possible... anyone got any idea's how i can work this ???

.David.

MissNova
04-08-03, 03:57 PM
thay do 30 day insurance bargin just fits

Rza_2002
04-08-03, 04:14 PM
any idea's who does 30 day insurance though ???? :o

Stuart
04-08-03, 04:31 PM
erm i take it your uninsured now? or its run out now or what??

anyway, just get a std policy and pay monthly, then cancel it, or ask them to readjust the policy when its your birthday.

Dicko
04-08-03, 04:43 PM
if he did that he would haveto pay around ?200 deposit so not worth it

infact i cant think of anything thats gonna be cheap. 30 day polics are a ripoff, like 1/2 price of 12 month usualy

wisewood
04-08-03, 04:53 PM
go through the list of insurance companies and see what you can do.

the novaload.net links post has 24 companies web sites for you.

Chris LR
04-08-03, 06:28 PM
I don't know if this'd work but...

Get a month on somebody elses policy (easier and cheaper), I dunno if you'd be limited to a single vehicle tho...

ade
04-08-03, 07:20 PM
most insurance companies let you set up a policy and then cancel it shortly after.

For example - you can set one up today - pay by direct debit - pay 20% of the total premium initially, then pay by monthly installment.

You then call, cancel the policy advising you no longer need it - and they charge you for "time of risk/cover" and refund the difference!

Shouldnt be that much.

Alternatively, you take out insurance and then on your birthday call them to get it amended...

And how do you know its gonna drop by ?300? Age isnt everything - NCD, area, car, mods etc all have a part to play. they even look at the amount of bad debt in your area and the TV catchment areas youre in for gods sake! I know because I work in car insurance

Chris LR
04-08-03, 07:56 PM
In my search for car insurance I've been asked the colour of the car and if I smoke.

Girl didn't know what to do when I said half silver and half green. as the Landy was at the time.

Stuart
04-08-03, 08:18 PM
lmao @ tv area included

Rza_2002
06-08-03, 02:42 PM
And how do you know its gonna drop by ?300? Age isnt everything - NCD, area, car, mods etc all have a part to play. they even look at the amount of bad debt in your area and the TV catchment areas youre in for gods sake! I know because I work in car insurance

right the cheapest quote i can get drops by ?120 on the 30th of this month, so i'm still undecided as to what to do just now.... think i'll just wait