PDA

View Full Version : more advice needed!

woodyjay
28-08-12, 08:31 PM
hi guys i have anoter question for the experts, I have a xe from a calibra that is going into my nova, ive been reading up on doing the swap advice guides etc. I have seen the one on here and a few others, but still cant really work out what to do with the bottom pulley/air con and power steering pump. Do i have to remove them copletely/ and how then do i use alternator? I know ive got to modify where the alternator hits the bodywork but not sure about the bottom pulley as the guides say to grind a bit off the wheel to run one belt, but our one only has one belt to run alternator air con and steering and its quite thick. any one know what to do?

Jon_nova1
28-08-12, 08:37 PM
ditch the aircon and powersteering pump, change the bottom pulley to a single V one from memory or have it machined down, since you have one belt powering everything you may need a different bottom pulley, have the alternator going from the single V pulley to alterator

you need to modify the chassis leg, theres plenty of information on the forum of where to do it, its basically to stop the alternator pulley hitting the chassis leg

woodyjay
28-08-12, 08:45 PM
ok thanks thats brilliant, will do that.I think ive got the chassis leg bit sorted, gettting it welded up soon and then fitting engine.
thanks for all the great advice jon nova1 !!