PDA

View Full Version : grey primer from 99p/pound shop

turbojolt
27-08-12, 12:59 AM
a few people have mentioned to me that you can get primer from a poundshop :wtf: ive never seen it, but then again i dont frequent them shops

any of you lads found/bought any, is it any good (is there any in Derby's million pound shops lol)????

cheers lads

Connor
27-08-12, 08:29 AM
Can't imagine it being very good for a pound, i would avoid!

8valve-craig
27-08-12, 08:40 AM
Avoid

twistysnovagte
27-08-12, 10:06 AM
ive bought the cheapo stuff(plastic primer) to do my splitter, needless to say it came away after around 6 week(splitter was rubbed down then covered with three coats of this stuff,allowing to dry with another little rub down in-between each coat, never again.....

would'nt dream of using it on larger pieces such as bumper's etc!

mowgli
27-08-12, 10:45 AM
TJ. primer is only as good as the paint that goes over it & the surface under it... its only job in life is to make a decent key for top coats... nothing winds me up more than reading some classic car mag & seeing where some tit has primered up a piece they repaired & then stuck the car somewhere damp so they can work on something else.. primer offers absolutely no protection from the elements. if you wish to buy cheap primer then its up to you, as long as its shaken & warm before use, it should be ok, get one of those trigger thingys from wilko to clip on to the can & your spraying will improve dramatically, but you need to buy some sort of top paint to actually protect the metal..