PDA

View Full Version : Worth buying a new carb?

Chucky
26-08-12, 04:26 AM
hey guys, my 1.0 nova saloon is having some issues to do with the carb.. i believe. It's not picking up revs very well, if i put any pressure on the accelerator while driving the whole car judders and occasionally dies there and then. Dies at traffic lights some times, occasionally i get blue smoke from the exhaust when i turn her on. Occasionally takes a few tries to start up, and it seems to drive very differently depending on which fuel i use, BP unleaded was terrible, murco unleaded was terrible and esso super seemed to do good things. I'm not sure whether that means anything though, my next move is to look at the sparks and clean them. But i'm wondering if it's worth me investing in a new carb? and if i could even find one for my engine, this isn't for performance as i know i won't achieve much. But if a nice weber carb makes her run smoothly and make it actually drivable then i'd be happy as larry!

Does anyone know what i could do? this is my daily and i need to sort her out really, i do intend on doing a conversion when i can afford it.. but i don't have that sort of money right now, i just hope my 1.0 pushrod hasn't come to its end =(

mowgli
26-08-12, 07:46 AM
have you cleaned the old carb?
have you had the timing checked & set?
have you recently serviced it & changed the plugs?