PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

sport
23-08-12, 09:34 PM
What suspension kits do you run on your nova???

Whats the pros and cons of your kit of choice.

Discuss.........

boss
23-08-12, 09:46 PM
Bilstein shocks 60 mm springs

Edd
23-08-12, 10:00 PM
IMO yellow big piston Bisteins are the best non height adjustable shocks by a long way

peester
23-08-12, 10:31 PM
Bilstein and the Gaz coilovers seem to be choice on the site these days.
I run Bilstein big yellows rear, Bilstein tarmac-spec inserts inside compbrake coilover bodies front.

Stuart
23-08-12, 10:49 PM
IMO yellow big piston Bisteins are the best non height adjustable shocks by a long way

The one and only time you will see me agrees with Edd

Novasport
23-08-12, 10:53 PM
Irmscher Bilstein Cup shocks & Eibach Pro-Kit springs, when I get my finger out and fit them!
Pro's, the best non adjustable setup. Cons, price and Irmscher spec Cups and Pro-kit's are impossible to find now.

grooge
24-08-12, 12:47 AM
got spax rsx coilovers on one nova n kyb gas shocks n avo springs on the other, both purely because thats what the cars came with!

the spax coilovers are good for smoother roads but on the farm roads they're poor in my opinion and can slow you down a lot. the shocks n springs combo on my sr is much better on the back roads.

also tried avo coilovers which i hated although they wernt in the best condition when i took them off a corsa i had and kw coilovers which i thought were ok.

looking to get either gaz coilovers or bilstein big piston shocks n xe springs for my corsa next month when a get paid.

Hobbit
24-08-12, 07:27 AM
Bilstien big piston shocks and custom 400lb springs on mine and love how it handles.

Benn
24-08-12, 07:31 AM
Gaz coilovers front and rear.

Really well made, all custom set up, height adjustable, handling is great with them.
Not cheap.

BRoadGhost
24-08-12, 12:59 PM
Leda steel bodied front & alloy bodied rear, fixed damping with 325 lbs/in 5" springs front & 6" rear. Eccentric top mounts & camber adjustment on front struts.
RJ reinforced lower arms, adjustable tie bars.

TBH it's only half the story as other factors are just as important when it comes to making a fast road / track car "handle"

sport
24-08-12, 07:07 PM
Irmscher Bilstein Cup shocks & Eibach Pro-Kit springs, when I get my finger out and fit them!
Pro's, the best non adjustable setup. Cons, price and Irmscher spec Cups and Pro-kit's are impossible to find now.

Rich, whats the diffrence between the Bilstein sprintline shocks and the cup shocks?

Is the Bilstein grp N shocks similar to the cup shocks?

Vlietje
24-08-12, 07:11 PM
Stock OEM GSI shocks and springs at the moment, but soon to be replaced with Bilstein B6 and an Eibach Pro-Kit.

Benn
24-08-12, 07:28 PM
Leda steel bodied front & alloy bodied rear, fixed damping with 325 lbs/in 5" springs front & 6" rear. Eccentric top mounts & camber adjustment on front struts.
RJ reinforced lower arms, adjustable tie bars.

TBH it's only half the story as other factors are just as important when it comes to making a fast road / track car "handle"

You need another project thread.

BRoadGhost
24-08-12, 08:30 PM
I made an entire interactive presentation out of it in flash & sent it off to Mclaren.

No idea what they'll make of it lol

Benn
25-08-12, 11:56 AM
Send me it! I demand it.

sport
26-08-12, 04:32 PM
Anyone had any experience of this Bilstein kit???

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/suspension-kits/car/vauxhall/nova-sr/bilstein-b10-suspension-power-kit-lowers-front-60mm-rear-40mm