PDA

View Full Version : Today's Rally

Mark
03-08-03, 09:54 PM
Just got home an hour ago for Epynt.
Finished last - Whoopee!! - At least we finished. Went out on the first stage, half way round hit a jump, landed then 100 feet down the road the left side rear spring which had obviously been damaged on landing snapped in half and exited stage rear. Bugger :o
Got to the end with a respectable time, went on to the next stage but had to drive at 40 MPH all the way and got passed 7 times. Bugger :o
Got back to service and had 10 minutes - nowt we could do so carried on for another two stage - slowly - got back to service again for lunch in which time we managed to 'BORROW' a standard spring from a friends nova and continued on for the last three stage.
Managed very respectable times considering the terrible handling and made up 12 minutes catching 9 cars.
Finished 4th in class and 2nd in championship, so a nice set of points and well worth making the effort to stay in.
On a bad not there were 8 right offs today and two crews had to be airlifted to hospital, hopefully not too serious but a lot of money's worth of cars destroyed! :roll:

dikharvey
03-08-03, 10:06 PM
How did you get in to your rallying? I really want but dont know where to start. Do you need special insurance, roll cages, harnesses etc?

I am right in the south west of Cornwall.

Chris LR
03-08-03, 10:14 PM
Nice one, I bet that was rather amuzing to drive....

brian
03-08-03, 10:44 PM
How did you get in to your rallying? I really want but dont know where to start. Do you need special insurance, roll cages, harnesses etc?

start by joining your local motorclub. If you are going into stage rallying you will need to have the car fitted with whatever is required for that class. Ie. in Ireland plumbed in extinguishers are now complusary in all cars whaere as last year National championship cars only needed 2 hand held extinguishers!
There is all the obvious stuff like a cage (whats required in the u.k) same with seats and harnesses. its just a case of asking.
Its not cheap :wink:

locky
03-08-03, 10:47 PM
I'm looknig into it also, it looks expensive, im about 2 join my local motorsport club in bridgend!!!!!