PDA

View Full Version : lots of smoke !!!!

billy shaw
18-08-12, 07:45 PM
cut a long story short had porous head changed it for costacast done the valve stem oil seals lapped them in etc...
started the car left it running for about 10 15 minutes no smoke at all but inside seal of rocker gasket leaked into plug wells, so pulled the rocker cover off took the plugs out you couldnt see them for oil thats how bad it leaked built it back up propperly lol

BUT!!!
car is now puffing blue smoke out and i mean puffing out more so on accelaration
so left it running driving back and forwards and it didnt clear any suggestions before i rip the head off again tommorow :cry:

Will F
18-08-12, 09:31 PM
Did you let the oil drain into the cylinders when you cleared the oil from the plugs?It will take a while to burn the oil

billy shaw
18-08-12, 11:53 PM
yea mate had no choice but surely like 20 minutes is long enough

mowgli
19-08-12, 12:05 AM
you will need to get it properly hot on a run to clear any residual oil from the inside of the engine & exhaust.

billy shaw
19-08-12, 12:16 AM
ok mate ill try running it for a bit more tommorow see what happens just when i first done the head i ran it and there was no smoke so i was a bit confused really as if it was the stem oil seals it would of done it last time i ran it

lukegsi 123
21-08-12, 08:46 PM
Hi mate, i had the same sort of issue with my xe, it smoked alot when blipping throttle. The car had not had a good run, id only ran it on the drive and drove it up an down the small road im on. But got it taxed and gave it a good blast for 20 mins, got it nice and hot. Smokeing had stopped. Sounds like it needs a good blast to propperly clear its troat!! good luck

billy shaw
22-08-12, 06:13 PM
cheers mate im gonna dad had a similar problem with a gte and a blast sorted that :)