PDA

View Full Version : Novadose skirts......GRRRRrrrrr

Fergie_sfc
03-08-03, 01:57 PM
AHHHHHHH, i cant get them on what ever i do.

i've brought some of this bumper fill stuff which is apparantly well good.

mixed the black stuff with the red hardener put it all over the car and held it there for bout 15 mins!!

let go and it fell off :evil:

very very anoyed, think i'll give up for the day caus i'm so pissed off and probably make a sub box or someting for my new 12" square SPLx subs!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Fergie.

Ben (lurk75)
03-08-03, 02:02 PM
All the ones ive seen have been riveted on, then filled over that.

Nova_Girl_SR
03-08-03, 02:05 PM
Mine are rivetted on and glued,then filler over the rivets and then the skirs were smoothed into the bodywork and wings :D

locky
03-08-03, 02:20 PM
U got ne pics of ur car nova_girl_sr? sounds nice!!!!!

Y dont u put that gluey stuff on and put masking tape over the skirts 2 hold it on overnight? thats wot i did when i fitted my spoiler neway!

Tilly
03-08-03, 03:45 PM
its on her profile locky

Nova_Girl_SR
03-08-03, 07:29 PM
it looks different to the profile now,i will update profile on tuesday when i pick it up from the bodyshop and try n get sum pics of kit fixtures etc.... :wink:

ade
03-08-03, 11:53 PM
1. bumper filler wont hold it - its just flexy body filler!

2. best mounting them pon little wooden blocks - heres what I;d do

- cut some wooden blocks that will sit on the inside of the skirt and wond protrude when held up to the car.

- stick these to the inside of the skirt at regular intervals ising summut like epoxy resin or even bumper filler now youve bought it!

- allow to harden for 24 hours

- drill a hole through the oputside of the skirt into the block and right through - as wide as a self tapping screw. Then counter sink the outside so you can insert a long senf tapping screw.

- with the help of a m8, hold the skirt against the car and insert a bradawl or hole punch into each hole marking the position of it on the car (tap with a hammer)

- drill holes into the mark on the car

- seal with hammerite or similar

- smear epoxy resin on each block and then screw to the car - resin will give it extra strength when set. USE ZINC PRIMED SCREWS! or seal the screw heads.

- fill over the screw heads using body filler - allow to dry and smooth flat

- along the top edge of the skirt (just below the door) seal the gap using mastic (get from halfords and DO NOT USE SILICONE! You are best using grey stripe in my opinion because once dry you can sand it and its flexible and paintable!

- if the skirt goes under the car, rivit to the underside - make sure there are drainage holes

- prime and spray

Ade
:wink:

-

Neil.
04-08-03, 01:38 AM
god well im letting my body shop fit them, hope they know that their fitting them too!

djp_y2k
04-08-03, 10:06 AM
the guy who fitted my nova dose skirts, said they were a bitch to fit, didnt fit the car at all. :x

Mine were riveted on but werent smoothed in, thought it may crack.

Damogolfgti
04-08-03, 01:57 PM
i just got some for my car and they are a mission to fit mat, best bet is to take em to a bodyshop to get fitted, thats wat i did 8)

Dave
06-08-03, 11:37 AM
mine don't fit well either rivited them to the car was easiest way to do it counter sunk the skirt so they can be flushed over. where they are fixing the skirt to the wings it's beening mastic'd on then painted so will flex a bit as flushed in ones would crack over time