PDA

View Full Version : fitting e/w & c/l in 5dr mk2

cav_2.0_gli
11-08-12, 10:38 PM
hello,

ive got a 1992 k-reg nova 1.5 td merit + 5door, which i'd like to fit central locking and electric windows to.

ive managed to lay my hands on a luxe plus 5dr, in the same colour, so my plan was to just swap the doors over.

the e/w's work, but the central locking doesnt in the luxe, any ideas what that could be? ive checked the fuse, thats fine.

also, is there anything else i need to swap over (i know the looms and e/w switches etc).

also, do the door looms disconnect from the car, or are they a complete loom?

any help is greatly appreciated!

Balley
11-08-12, 10:40 PM
Its a complete loom, make sure you have the control box that screws to the passenger dash shelve. With out that the CL wont work.

Graeme
12-08-12, 08:21 AM
Took me a full day to fit mine looked like I was half to breaking it by the time it was in

I'd try the control module on the back of the under dash tray on the passenger side or the switch in the drivers door

cav_2.0_gli
12-08-12, 03:47 PM
thanks for info guys,

so what, do i have to swap the entire car wiring looms over? as in strip both dashboards the lot out?
or is just the complete door wiring looms i need to swap over? as im a little confused here. i know on cavalier mk3's to fit rear e/w's all you need to do is swap the rear door looms over and plug into the plug in the b pillar, and obv fit switches, e/w motors and fuse etc.
thanks.

Plug
12-08-12, 04:00 PM
The central locking + electric window loom is separate from the car loom, I'll try and get a pic of mine later for you

cav_2.0_gli
12-08-12, 04:47 PM
The central locking + electric window loom is separate from the car loom, I'll try and get a pic of mine later for you

thank god for that lol, really want to fit the c/l and e/w's to it, but i aint got the time to strip to cars to a shell to do it lol.

Graeme
12-08-12, 06:35 PM
It's a separate loom that runs under the front seats and in to each door the dash can stay in just far easier with no front seats, door cards and front carpet pulled forward slightly