PDA

View Full Version : Drilling holes for

tony k
11-08-12, 08:19 AM
well finally gonna go do some work on the nova,I have electric windows and central locking,I haven't drilled the holes for the wires to go through yet,where has everyone else drilled there's,also what grommets have people used,I was gonna heat shrink mine then put that plastic wire proctector stuff,like what you use on car looms

AndrewJenkins
11-08-12, 08:48 AM
I used vw ones cost me about £2 a side took my doors off and used a step up drill cant take some piccies if you like its fiddley and time consuming but imo looks right and a propper job

tony k
11-08-12, 08:55 AM
Ah right what vw was it,I've got one of the the step up drill bits,think they are called a cone cutter,correct me if I'm wrong,understand with taking pics tho,where did you drill the hole on the car,for the wiring to go into the car

Graeme
11-08-12, 09:00 AM
I just used some electricians 20mm flexible conduit but I wanted to but extra cables in there for speakers and remote locking

brainsnova
11-08-12, 12:52 PM
I used electrical 20mm grommets as a 20mm hole saw is a good size then you could pass the flexible conduit through. I removed the wings to drill the doors

Jack
11-08-12, 02:35 PM
I think I used some ducting from the bootlid of a Fiesta or something when I did my old Nova, the stuff that contained the wires for the boot lock and rear wash.

Benn
11-08-12, 07:04 PM
I used long heat shink, just hesting the ends not the middle.

tony k
12-08-12, 03:16 PM
Thanks guys well didn't get round to drillin the holes,as. Rakes had seized on,also could smell petrol really bad,so just took the pads out all of them,then found the leak which was a pain,will try take the doors today,so is it best to take the wings off,so I can drill the holes,do you drill the holes at the same level or one stepped up abit