PDA

View Full Version : c20xe ecu

woodyjay
10-08-12, 09:00 PM
Hi im new to the site so not really sure if im posting in the right place or not, but i need help, me and a mate are building a 4 door nova, were at early stages but we are getting a c20xe engine to fit into it and we need to know if any c20xe ecu will fit on any c20xe engine or does it need to be coded or something? cos the engine were getting does not come with one, plus any info on drive shafts would be helpfull ive read that we need gte/gsi ones with cav mk3 inner cv boots? is this true? any help on our build would be really helpfull.

John
10-08-12, 09:13 PM
Hi and welcome to the png. Ideally you need the correct ecu for your loom. There's quite a few types, early with dizzy and no lambda, early with dizzy and lambda, late with a dis pack etc. What is yours? is it a 20xe/c20xe? as far as i know, no xe's came with the immobiliser function. As for the shafts, you need either 22 spline ones from a gte/gsi/diesel with cav 1.6 mk2 inners, or aftermarket shafts (and hubs)
Take a look in the mechanical section, there's a full "how to" guide for the 2.0xe in there. hth :)

John
10-08-12, 09:17 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?98133-*HOW-TO*-Wire-a-2ltr-Into-A-Nova

woodyjay
10-08-12, 09:22 PM
thanks mate thats a great help ill have a look at that guide too! cheers.

Mazz
11-08-12, 09:50 PM
I'm using an FX ecu on my early XE with a lambda, I've also got a earlier loom (none lambda) with the ecu code FP