PDA

View Full Version : what handles are these?

moffat sri
02-08-03, 04:21 PM
http://www.novalution.co.uk/images/thbilling11.jpg

Does anyone know what kind of door handles these are and how hard they would be to fit? i want some!

ade
02-08-03, 04:30 PM
cannae really make the pic out but if theyre flushed could be of a cavvy

?Marty?
02-08-03, 07:17 PM
It's more common to use one's of an Audi.

You can get pressed and counter sunk steel weld in plates, with de-locked genuine Audi door handles, nuts, bolts, rods, fitting instructions and template for ?175 plus P&P.

Fittings simple.

Ben (lurk75)
02-08-03, 07:19 PM
Or go into a scrap yard and grind a 6" plate plate out around the rear locks of an A4/A6/A8 and take all the rods etc with them- About ?25

:lol: :lol: :lol:

?Marty?
02-08-03, 07:24 PM
Depends on the state of the door tho, most scrappys round mine won't let you take things like that unless you take (and pay) for the whole door!

Plus that's just too much hard work! :roll: :lol:

Mark
02-08-03, 07:26 PM
Or find one in the street and be really, really quick with your battery powered Dremel. :twisted: :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
02-08-03, 07:54 PM
obviously there not going to let you carve up a perfect door, but normally one side is caved in, dont matter what state the doors in as liong as there about 3-4" to cut out, its exactly the same as what you pay ?175 for out of waxy flowers :!:

?Marty?
02-08-03, 08:21 PM
Yeah, but if you need.......... Ah, i'll shut up.

The kit i was on about is sold by venom Motorpsort.
Likely to be a bloke in a bedroom type of 'company', as they won't list an address, only an e-mail and phonenumber.

But AUDI handles are what you want. Though be original and stick some new BMW Mini one's or something.

wrigleys
03-08-03, 03:23 AM
i've seen it done before by cutting out the rear door handles of a cavailer and carefully fabricating them back into a nova door skin, very hard and tricky to do not really worth it.

Does look good though

Jim
03-08-03, 09:00 AM
The door handles in that pic look like Audi ones.

Jim

?Marty?
04-08-03, 05:18 AM
I thought so too, which is why i went off on one about Audis. :lol:

Fester
04-08-03, 06:35 AM
get some of different design but same idea - well worth the exclusivity, even the generic audi type are comparitively rare and worth it IMO

?Marty?
04-08-03, 04:14 PM
Do you mean like something off a fridge door?

moffat sri
04-08-03, 07:36 PM
Do you mean like something off a fridge door? :lol: Might take the front door handle off the house n try that!
Cheers lads. I know its hard to make out that pic properly, but if you want a better, closer look, i got the pic from the Blue SRI on the Novalution.co.uk site.

RJM25R
10-09-03, 09:33 AM
Volksbits sell these for ?39.99 with plates and shit. I bought a set for my now-dead project car but never fitted. I sold them on EBAY for ?85 afterwards to some golf owner!LOL!

You have to use a combi of Nova and supplied bits to fit them. Speak to Rick Draper (His car is in the turbo section) he has the best fitted set of Audi handles I've seen on a Nova.

Freak
10-09-03, 01:07 PM
yes

ricks are very very well done.....but not the best...check out breenys/daves for those.............. done years and years ago (try 7 when they were just starting to appear on vws)

And if anyone is interested- i supplied the handles to rick......
taken from rear doors of an audi at scrappy........

Rick Draper
10-09-03, 03:08 PM
Volksbits sell these for ?39.99 with plates and s**t. I bought a set for my now-dead project car but never fitted. I sold them on EBAY for ?85 afterwards to some golf owner!LOL!

You have to use a combi of Nova and supplied bits to fit them. Speak to Rick Draper (His car is in the turbo section) he has the best fitted set of Audi handles I've seen on a Nova.

Chears Ric, mine work with the windows up or down as well unlike some cars ones :roll: ! It was not that hard at all to get them working but it took a lot of work at the bodyshop to get the plate welded in in the correct position and not to end up with the handle far out of position like on some of the ones that have them fitted.

It seems like its been ages since i opened my novas door i have forgotten how the handles feel!

Rick

martweaver
14-09-03, 11:42 AM
Hi guys - Thats my car in the pic. They Are indeed Audi 80 door handles.
I was pretty lucky because a local scrappy sold me 2 complete rear doors for 50 quid!!! told them all i needed was the handles and surrounding metal & they let me have em.

Took the guy that did my respray 6 hours a side to fit them - worth it though.

Mart

krobinson
14-09-03, 12:16 PM
Handles on martins look excellent, i was going to attempt this but couldnt find any damaged audi's at the time. And i didnt know about the kits you could buy!!

Martin, get your Nova up into the features section!!

Keith

martweaver
14-09-03, 12:36 PM
will do keith - Just been scoping out the upload page. It'll be on there soon.

Are you Guys doing the national show - I missed Trax unfortunately