PDA

View Full Version : c16xe help needed

Phil_d
01-08-12, 10:00 PM
well iv been on with rebuilding my saloon now about a year and its not got any further so i need some motivation, after selling my c16xe and c20xe iv recently bought another c16xe, just wanting to get some parts sourced so i can make a start :)

What alternator, bottom pulley and fan belt do i need to make it single v, my last one i just kept it as multi v but clearence was a slight issue, also what about flywheel and clutch, i remember seeing somewhere about maybe a sr flywheel and clutch been an ideal upgrade? cant remember now, iv tried the search but cant see anything about it, any help and/or advise greatly appreciated.

16xe_chris
01-08-12, 10:08 PM
I used a standard nova alternator with single v belt, then I went to vauxhall and got hold of the bottom pulley with the cracksensor attached, think it was from the 1.4sri nova.

Belt was a piece of string jobbie and bought one the correct size.

Flywheel, I had one made from billet, but you can use the 1.6 1600 8v fly and clutch or the 14xe flywheels are the thin type as well.

Hope this helps matey

Phil_d
01-08-12, 10:49 PM
Thats great cheers.

16xe_chris
01-08-12, 11:03 PM
Only thing I had to do was to modify the nova top adjuster to make the alternator slightly more adjustable lol

mk1nova_rich
02-08-12, 08:13 AM
If you need a hand or any photos give me a shout :thumb:

Plug
02-08-12, 08:18 AM
Or check articles out with the small block conversion guide

Phil_d
02-08-12, 07:37 PM
I looked at the articles when i did the conversion originally and it helped me quite a bit, one other thing i wondered about was the vss, i dropped the engine out of the corsa and put it straight in the nova, it didnt have a vss attached to it but it did try to stall a little bit, do i need to fit one? and why didnt it have one when in the corsa?

Southie
02-08-12, 07:52 PM
I looked at the articles when i did the conversion originally and it helped me quite a bit, one other thing i wondered about was the vss, i dropped the engine out of the corsa and put it straight in the nova, it didnt have a vss attached to it but it did try to stall a little bit, do i need to fit one? and why didnt it have one when in the corsa?

Corsa VSS are built into the dash loom, you'll need a spi 1.2 nova with the AA printed on ;)

It's in the small block conversion thread btw.

mk1nova_rich
02-08-12, 09:14 PM
Stalling at junctions is a fairly certain sign of a faulty/non-existant VSS

There are three wires to the VSS, black - switched live, brown - earth and blue/red - signal wire.

The earth and switched live come from the main car loom (may need splicing into the Nova loom if no spare wires) then the signal wire goes to the small 9 pin multiplug that connects the ECU to the clocks/ignition

As Southie says you need an 'AA' marked transducer from.a 1.2 SPi (I think early Corsas also have these)

Phil_d
02-08-12, 09:38 PM
Ah right i see, just wondered why i needed one if there wasnt one in the donor. cheers for the help guys.