PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank pipe??

locky
01-08-03, 05:23 PM
It returns into the filler pipe,
What if i just blanked off this pipe? what part of the tank does this fuel come from? why has it got this pipe?
The reason im asking is because im going 2 relocate the filler cap and pipe, so im wondering if i can just put a pipe from the filler cap, into the tank, without this pipe!
Bit confusing, but any info much appreciated!
Cheers!
Locky!

Aragorn
01-08-03, 07:37 PM
isnt that a balance tube or vent tube?

im sure its there for a reason

dave.gsi
01-08-03, 11:00 PM
everythings there for a reason

except maybe your bellybutton?

brian
01-08-03, 11:21 PM
if you block if off it will take about 2 weeks to put a fiver in. yes it is a vent/breather pipe and without it or even with a kink in it the petrol filler pipe will keep air locking when you fill. I blanked it off to see what would happen when i had to extend the filler pipe for the wide arch kit and had to put it back in.

locky
02-08-03, 01:28 AM
Cheers 4 the replys! thats all the info i needed 2 know! Thank you very much indeed! :D

dikharvey
02-08-03, 04:03 AM
Your belly button is there becuase it what your umbilical (spelling?) cord is attached to when you are in the womb.

It passes nutrictional stuff down it so you can live for 9 months without eating or drinking.

brian
02-08-03, 07:45 PM
Your belly button is there becuase it what your umbilical (spelling?) cord is attached to when you are in the womb.

It passes nutrictional stuff down it so you can live for 9 months without eating or drinking.
:o thats great :wink:
next time you get in after a feed of beer go straight to bed :wink:

dave.gsi
02-08-03, 09:46 PM
o.k, everything is there for a reason

except your nipples :wink: