PDA

View Full Version : Help! Saab 93 SE Turbo, turbo wastegate rod come off

Royston
26-07-12, 09:19 PM
I know its not a Vauxhall but it is related:d

The wastegate rod has come off the wastegate, has anyone got a photo of how it should be please, the wastegate lever appears to have turned 180 degrees and is now pointing dowward, when it looks as if it should be up over and align with the horizontal control rod and I can't re-attach the diaphram actuating rod, it wont turn very much let alone 180 degrees:cry:

Has the wastgate possibly come off the end of the fork? Will I neet to strip the turbo off you reassemble?

Not the best photo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/1297cc/IMG-20120726-00231.jpg

Any help would be gratefully received;)

mk1nova_rich
26-07-12, 10:30 PM
I'd get the turbo off and have a look to be on the safe side. You will be able to access the wastegate without dismantling the turbo too much :thumb:

I actually did my work experience at a turbo recon place but that was a few years ago now lol so I can't quite remember how the wastegate attaches to the lever

Royston
26-07-12, 10:35 PM
The wastegate lever is 180 degrees out, seen a photo of a turbo for sale on fleabay.

Hoping to rempve the cat and check, expecting to see some thing has moved as the lever is stuck/jammed with limited movement 180 degs out of position

Count Vaux Alot
30-07-12, 11:01 AM
Pm'd you :)

mowgli
30-07-12, 11:24 AM
looks like it needs a new washer & e clip