PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Car Help Needed!

Liam
26-07-12, 08:51 PM
I need help diagnosing a car's fault, my grand parents car infact.

The car is a 2002 Ford Focus 1.8tdci.

Basically, the car starts and idles fine for a couple of minutes then starts idling rough and white smoke comes out of the exhaust and the back of the engine.

If you then turn the engine off and instantly restart the car it runs fine and the cycle repeats :confused:

If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Cheers, Liam.

mowgli
26-07-12, 08:57 PM
probably somethiong simple like some crap in the fuel tank covering the end of the inlet pipe & blocking it.

Liam
26-07-12, 09:01 PM
Someone said that it may be a faulty injector, would this be the cause?

mowgli
26-07-12, 09:09 PM
is the oil level rising? cos a faulty injector might be pouring too much fuel in..

Mark Sparks
27-07-12, 06:42 PM
Sounds like a faulty injector:)

CRAIG-AICH
27-07-12, 07:18 PM
MAF sensor?

Liam
27-07-12, 08:59 PM
I had a look today and it turned out to be a wire had melted that connectors to some sort of relay type thing on the top of the engine which connects to the EGR and MAP sensors, as well as loads of other wires and air pipe things etc.

But we have another problem now. When the car goes anything over about 3k revs or when you give it some when driving you get a very very high pitch squeal. As soon as you lift of the throttle it stops. Could this be a leaky/split pipe somewhere or could it be the turbo?

Dave.
28-07-12, 04:05 PM
Focus's suffer from intermittent fuel pumps, split intercooler pipes on the left hand side next to the headlight, and funky injectors, the squeal could be the intercooler pring type pipe split, where is the noise coming from? engine? rear?

Liam
30-07-12, 10:46 PM
Right, the noise is coming right where the turbo is so it's not looking good. I took a video today of the squeal. It comes at around 2500rpm upwards and stays untill you decelerate.

VIDEO IS HERE (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150970546051451)