PDA

View Full Version : digital dash

liamp
01-08-03, 01:04 PM
how hard are they to fit and is it all plug in stuff and how much would be suitable to pay i can get one for 25 pound is that reasonable cheers for all ya help its going into my sri

leepwoollard
01-08-03, 01:14 PM
pretty straight forward the did a guide a couple of issues ago in total vauxhall have one in mine pretty accurate up 2 90mph but a bit out after that

robb
13-08-03, 09:55 AM
Hi, I have the 8V dash in my nova flair, the speedo, won't work and the revs need wiring in.
Lets start with the speedo: It is the AH sender 6 pulse, wired correctly on dash (blue and yellow i beleive, not sure) used guide from 1.2i nova. Now after some hair tearing the fluke comes out: +12 on pos wire, -12 on ground. and no signal on signal wire, (turned sender with drill!) I then bought a new sender exactly the same and still no luck. I have yet to try another dash and the other type of sender available (16pulse).
As for the revs, I didn't have one on the old dash so I presume that it is not present in the car. Or is it the same loom for all carb novas, e.g. SR has revs. and my mate has a flair lump in his so it is present on the engine. just not at the dash loom. any ideas where it is on the lump and i could wire it up fresh. only one wire innit?

Thanks very much for any info u may send me.

r0bB Tr3pTe

olly55
13-08-03, 11:48 AM
the revs wireu refer to is a green wire,

on my 1.2i i had the wire already i nthe loom which id expect as vaux kept thing siumplier by using the same loom and jus blankign bits off,

if u cant see it in the loom behind the clokcs then open the bonnet and locate the dizzy, then to the right of the dizzy is the coil, on th -ve terminal u should see a green wire which is the rev wire,

if its not there howver its only a simple matter of running a wire fro mthe cabin to a spade termnial on the coil

NovaSi
13-08-03, 05:17 PM
25 quid is a bargain - BUY IT, THATS CHEAP

Is your Nova a MK2? If not, u r gonna struggle fittin it in a MK1 dash

novax
15-08-03, 10:14 AM
www.nova-land.com has a good downloadable instruction list

mikeoxford
15-08-03, 05:22 PM
www.nova-land.com has a good downloadable instruction list

(its in how to section - under interior mods)