PDA

View Full Version : Can you fit a corsa dash into...

Green16v
01-08-03, 12:37 PM
Can you fit a corsa (early) dash into a mk1 nova GTE, I've heard somewhere that someone has done this before is this true??? if so is there any pic's of this or can someone help me?? or am i just being stupid!!!

?Marty?
01-08-03, 04:51 PM
Has been done before, but not easy.

DazK
01-08-03, 07:01 PM
apparently a bloke from holland done it :| .. think he had to lose the passenger side air vents and do alot of pi$$in about with it :!:

Breeny
01-08-03, 09:05 PM
Pag of this site did it but never finished it. He had to cut the air ducts off each side for it to pysically fit and never got round to sorting the heating out.

He sold it in the end I think... He doesn't post on here anymore either so you can't even ask him! :o

Fester
02-08-03, 01:28 AM
yes i think the drugs ran out after a while and so did production of the mad nova - what a coincidence lol it was looking pretty sweet too, had been shotblasted and everything

the side vents had been chopped yeah

Green16v
02-08-03, 03:28 PM
Thanks for that it sound's a right f##k around, i'll try to get a dash and have a bash i think i could cope without the end air vents will keep you posted...

dave.gsi
02-08-03, 10:09 PM
the end ones are the warm ones arent they?

mark_GSi
03-08-03, 01:39 PM
yup, be cold in the winter!!! :lol:

mikeoxford
03-08-03, 11:51 PM
on one of my many HDD i have loads of pics (used to speak to him LOADS) he sold me mmy first digidash which was my first mod. sound bloke.

ill look round

from memory he couldnt attach the controls to the nova heating. and the pipework was a bitch. he sorted the wiring.

all he did was remove passenger side vent - he left drivers intact im blody sure of it

Green16v
05-08-03, 04:11 PM
yes please have a look mate would help very much!!!!

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
06-08-03, 03:51 PM
I seen a left hand drive nova at this years Donny which had the corsa dash in, it might have been the one from Holland that daz.k said. It did have a rs dietrich front bumper on and was in grey anyone else seen it?

Craig

RJM25R
10-09-03, 09:28 AM
Yes, same car from holland. It wasn't finished, but he was a nice guy.

I've got his email addy if anybody wants it...

I asked Dave France (FEARLESS) about corsa dash a while ago. He told me that because the nova steering wheel/column is offset, it'll never look "right" and you'd prob have to mould/chop the column shroud to make it look "less shit" but it'll take a hell of a lot of work!!! With all due respect, if Fearless said it'd be hard, after all his skill/experience ,..........!!!!

geordie_racer
11-09-03, 01:15 AM
can b done not that big a fook on have spoke with mike at length bout this.
passenger end vent needs to come of so im takin both off to make it look even, then the back of the dash needs trimming slightly to make it fit round the windowscreen properly.

corsa dashes have hot air commin from the centre vents aswell so i was looking at changing over the heater matrix aswell as there very similer, then all that nees doing is it all connectin up and fettled

as for moulding the steering column shroud use the corsa one cut it to fit then fibreglass the bits that aren't needed then spray it.

chris

Green16v
14-09-03, 11:27 AM
Sorted any chance of putting some pick's up of the build?????