PDA

View Full Version : tour de france....

mowgli
21-07-12, 06:39 PM
well, it looks like we, as a proud nation, are sticking it to the french...

who's been watching it??

my family are hooked, my kids have been ringing me with stage updates, and brits in the top 2 places, just before we head into the olympics makes the road race medals look like a dead cert...

Edd
21-07-12, 07:49 PM
As every year ive been watching it

Does look like Wiggins has it done now

Team Sky have done a amazing job for him, Froome looks like he could of won the Tour himself

Evans being crap, Contador being banned and Andy Shleck being injured have helped massively tho

Seeing as Wiggins, Froome and Cavendish are in Team GB for the road race, that looks promising as well

mowgli
21-07-12, 08:23 PM
i don't think the others being out of it would have stopped the team sky steamroller...

i've been watching it for years & i can't remember the yellow jersey being so prominent like this year.

i have to agree froome, he looks good for a win next year.

Edd
21-07-12, 08:26 PM
How will it work next year on Team Sky tho ?

If Froome gets the yellow jersey first, do the rest of the team including Wiggins have to then support Froome ?

mowgli
21-07-12, 08:32 PM
oh to be a team manager with that worry eh???

i think they built this whole year around wiggo, the tour & then the olympics.. next year team sky will rock up even stronger, and unless froome can learn how to time trial like wiggins, he'll have to win it on the hills.. i think it will be very interesting..

rumour mill seems to be that team sky will be all out for a cavendish win tomorrow, so the round the houses race will be ace pity its on the same time as the german gp....

Edd
21-07-12, 08:35 PM
I will have to watch the GP lol

On one of the mountain stages Froome looked like he could of blown everyone away but was hanging back to help Wiggins, cant see him doing that again next year

mowgli
21-07-12, 08:39 PM
I will have to watch the GP lol

On one of the mountain stages Froome looked like he could of blown everyone away but was hanging back to help Wiggins, cant see him doing that again next year

i saw that one, when wiggo & him were catching the breakaway man & wiggo seemed to crack for a minute or two.. froome was paid to be his wing man & he played the team game like a pro. i hope sky have him on a long contract, or another team will snap him up pdq

Keif
21-07-12, 09:01 PM
It's been team work at it's finest.

Great that at last an English man is going to win.

Sad that he won't get the press that a miserable Scottish tennis player that won f*** all did.

mowgli
21-07-12, 09:08 PM
erm... he will..

the olympians will struggle to beat him to sports personality of the year...

apparently the tunnel & ferries have been full of brits heading over to paris for the finale..

Keif
21-07-12, 09:22 PM
erm... he will..

He isn't.

The day before the Wimbledon final Murray was all over everywhere.

Today......very little for a great performance around France.

Agree with the Sports Personality of the Year tho.

Edd
21-07-12, 09:28 PM
He is lol

As they have now put the final stage on ITV1 instead of ITV4

Keif
21-07-12, 09:29 PM
He's not all over the front and back pages of the national press, he's not the lead news item....Ah but, when he's about to win they change everything......

mowgli
21-07-12, 09:40 PM
He is lol

As they have now put the final stage on ITV1 instead of ITV4

i have to admit when i saw it on itv1 this pm, it was pleasantly surprised..

after tomorrow afternoon, wiggo will be huge in the media, globally, that is, & not this parochial shyte in britain where they are obsessed about the olympic security, and LOCOG haven't helped cos they haven't bothered to mention all the armed police who are going to be on site from tuesday (a mate is one of them)

Asa-James
21-07-12, 09:44 PM
Lycra clad idiots on their Victorian fancies clogging up the roads...

I'll admit fair play to them for cycling that far, and hopefully a Brit might triumph at something other than failure :)

mowgli
21-07-12, 09:48 PM
i thought you might like the lycra asa......lol lol

they were averaging enough to not hold up traffic for most of the tour, apart from the severe climbs....